Three COVID19 patients have died in Sokoto state.
Sokoto state Governor, Aminu Tambuwal, who made the disclosure in a statewide broadcast, said the deceaseds had underlying sicknesses, including diabetes, asthma and high blood pressure respectively.
”It is with heavy heart that I have to break this news to you this evening, of the results of tests carried out by the National Center for Diseases Control (NCDC) at the laboratory here in Usman Danfodio University Teaching Hospital (UDUTH), whereby 18 tests were carried out.
Unfortunately, out of them 9 turned out to be negative. Most of them, if not all, are persons that have had previous contacts with the two index cases that we have had initially.
And, unfortunately, so far, out of the 54 tests carried out from Sokoto state, it means that we have 19 positive cases. Out of these, unfortunately again, we have recorded today 3 COVID-19 associated deaths. All of the 3 are patients having history of some other diseases- diabetes, asthma and high blood pressure.
We pray that Almighty God shall grant them His mercies and may He heal those that are afflicted by this pandemic here in Sokoto, Nigeria and globally.” he said
- Three COVID-19 patients die in Sokoto state
- Three die of COVID-19 in Sokoto
- Sokoto State discharges 22 COVID-19 patients
- 13 Coronavirus patients discharged in Sokoto state
- Painful moments I watched three COVID-19 patients die
- 22 COVID-19 patients discharged in Sokoto
- Sokoto discharges 22 COVID-19 patients
- COVID-19: Sokoto govt discharges 13 coronavirus patients