Three men have been arrested over a video they made, allegedly insulting President Buhari and the Katsina State Governor, Aminu Masari.
Spokesman of the state policecommand, Isah Gambo, gave names of the three men as 70-year-old Lawal Abdullahi Izala, Bahajaje Abu, 30 and Hamza Abubakar, 27 all of Gafai quarters Katsina.
According to him, “The attention of the Katsina police state command haa been drawn to a viral video on social media showing one Lawal Abdullahi alias “IZALA”, ‘m’ 70 years of age of Gafai Quarters, Katsina, Katsina state, who was contemptuously insulting the President and the Governor of Katsina, Masari.
Consequently, the commissioner of police, Katsina state command, CP Sanusi Buba, psc, ordered for investigation, which led to the arrested of the trio of Lawal Abdullahi Izala, Bahajaje Abu and Hamza Abubakar.
The suspects confessed to the commission of the offences. To the end, the commander wishes to warn member of the general public that police will not fold their arms and watch while disgruntled elements violate the scared law of the land.
Any people found taking undue advantage of the social media to insult others, contrary to the provision of Cyber Crime Act, will face the wrath of the law”.
— Three Men Arrested For Insulting President – Buhari – And Governor – Bello Masari – On Social Media .
– Spokesperson of the State police command, gave names of the three men as 70-year-old Lawal Abdullahi Izala; Bahajaje Abu, 30 and Hamza Abubakar, 27, all of Katsina. pic.twitter.com/oYi9mmYWzE
— The Viral Trendz (@TheViralTrendz) May 1, 2022
- [PHOTOS] Aide To Katsina State Governor, Governor Masari Slumps & Dies During Wedding Ceremony In Katsina
- ‘The Security Situation In Nigeria Has Really Improved Since Buhari Became President’ — Katsina Governor, Governor Aminu Masari
- ‘President Buhari Hasn’t Failed Us’ – Katsina State Governor, Governor Masari Says
- Man arrested for insulting President Buhari and Gombe State Governor
- “Blame Service Chiefs for banditry, not Buhari” – Governor of Katsina, Masari says
- COVID-19: Masari shuts three more markets in Katsina
- TAMPAN Ban: “They’ve been insulting their parents” – Yomi tells critics insulting Jide Kosoko and the TAMPAN leadership
- The major challenge for many in Katsina state is banditry not Coronavirus – Governor Masari appeals to security agencies
- I have failed to protect you – Governor Masari tells Katsina residents
- “I have failed to protect my people” – Governor Masari tells Katsina occupants