The Bauchi State Police Command has arrested three teenage Fulani herders for allegedly gang-raping a minor Hausa girl.
The suspects, aged between 13 and 15, committed the offence on Friday, January 8, 2021, in Dogon Awu village, Itas/Gadau Local Government Area of the state.
Parading the boys before newsmen at the Command Headquarters on Wednesday, January 13, police said that the trio was arrested following the report lodged by the victim’s parents.
Speaking to journalists, the main suspect and the eldest among them, 15 years old Mamman Jauro, said he committed the act after watching pornography videos on his phone.
“I live in Itas/Gadau LGA, I am cattle rearer, I used to be a student of a Qur’anic school but I have stopped attending, now fully rearing cattle. I was brought here (Police Command headquarters) because I raped a girl. She is not my wife, we only saw her in the bush where we were rearing our cattle. Her name is Nasaiba but I don’t know her before, I just heard her name when we got here, she is not Fulani but a Hausa girl, I don’t know her age too.” he said.
“I decided to rape her just because I had an orgy, I have been watching porn videos on my phone so I have been seeking for an opportunity to experiment, I also insert my penis into her mouth just as was done in the porn video. I started enjoying the action when my friend pushed me away so that he too can have a taste. I regret my action and I will not repeat it again. I am begging for leniency,” he pleaded.
On his part, Buba Abdu,14, said after Mamman finished, he took his own turn to violate the girl.
“I was together with Mamman, we raped the girl, Nasaiba in the bush in Itas. It was last week Friday. We saw them in the bush where she and her sisters went to pluck some fruits. We ran after them, while others escaped, she fell down and we took advantage to take turn but it was only two of us, the third person only held her while we violated her.” said Abdu.
13 years old Buba Saleh said that he did not take part in the raping but only held the victim for his friends to rape her.
“I only held her for a little while to enable them (pointing to his friends) have their turns. We were arrested by the Police and brought here because we committed an offence of forced sex with a girl at a village called Dogon Awu in Itas/Gadau LGA,” said Saeh.
“We were in the bush rearing our cattle when we saw six girls going back home, we chased them and in the process, the victim fell down while others escaped. I then pinned her down while Mamman was the first to rape her and also inserted his penis into her mouth. I held her by the hand for a while after which I left her and walked away from the scene. Thereafter I did not know what happened until we were arrested by the Police and brought to this place.” he added.
- Court orders NIB to transfer Gh¢310k from Ernest Owusu Bempah’s account to Ibrahim MahamaIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 20, 2021A High Court in Accra has ordered the National Investment Bank to pay Ghs310,000 from the account of Ghana Gas Public Relations Officer, Ernest Owusu ...[Read more]
- Joe Biden calls Nigerian family to thank them for their support and invite them to the White House (video)In NewsJanuary 20, 2021United States President, Joe Biden put a call through to a Nigerian family to thank them for their support and invite them to the White House. ...[Read more]
- Brooklyn man organizes safe walks home from subway following spike in attacksIn USAJanuary 20, 2021A Brooklyn man rattled by recent subway crime has started a service to safely escort straphangers home from the train. Bushwick resident Peter Kerre, ...[Read more]
- Bendy penises may be how mighty dinosaurs were able to have sex, scientists claimIn LifestyleJanuary 20, 2021Scientists are nearer discovering how dinosaurs had sex after reconstructing part of the giant beasts’ genitals. And it is possible monsters such as ...[Read more]
- 22-year-old Amanda Gorman becomes youngest poet in US history to read at presidential inauguration (video)In NewsJanuary 20, 2021Amanda Gorman made history on Wednesday January 20, as the youngest poet in US history to read a poem at a presidential inauguration. The 22-year-old ...[Read more]
- US: Biden effects first sack, forces top official to resignIn NewsJanuary 20, 2021The primary school teachers demoted in 2016 by the Cross River State Universal Basic Education Board (CR-SU EB) have protested non-payment of their ...[Read more]
- Teachers protest nonpayment of six years salary in Cross RiverIn NewsJanuary 20, 2021The primary school teachers demoted in 2016 by the Cross River State Universal Basic Education Board (CR-SU EB) have protested non-payment of their ...[Read more]
- Humans could move to ‘floating asteroid belt colony’ within 15 yearsIn LifestyleJanuary 20, 2021Humans could live on giant orbs floating in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter within the next 15 years. That’s the bonkers claim made by top ...[Read more]
- ‘A Very Happy Old Man’: Greta Thunberg Recycles Donald Trump’s Mockery of Her As He Leaves White HouseIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 20, 2021Greta Thunberg fired a final jibe at Donald Trump as he left the White House for the final time as US president. The climate activist tweeted an ...[Read more]
- Police parade suspected kidnappers who allegedly killed a 6-year-old girl after demanding for N8m ransom from her familyIn NewsJanuary 20, 2021Suspected kidnappers who allegedly killed a 6-year-old girl after demanding for N8m ransom from her family, have been paraded by the police. ...[Read more]