Busola Dakolo, wife of singer, Timi Dakolo, has given an update on her rape case against clergyman, Biodun Fatoyinbo.
Recall that in June 2019, she publicly accused the clergyman of violently raping her when she was a teenager and was worshipping in his church in Kwara state. She filed a suit against him but it was thrown out by the court.
In an update posted this afternoon on her Instagram page, Busola shared a copy of the letter she received from the police stating they have completed investigations into the case and have forwarded the case file to the Director of Public Prosecution of the Federation (DPPP) for legal advice and further necessary action.
She alleged the Ministry of Justice has since received the case file for Fatoyinbo’s prosecution but has remained silent.
She said her team has sent a letter to the Ministry of Justice over a month ago but no response yet.
Read the letter from the police sent to her and her post below:
‘‘It is now officially one year after since I came out and told the most important story of my life up until this point. That when I was a teenager, Biodun Fatoyinbo violently raped me. It wasn’t just me. In the media, on social platforms and in private, women have been sharing stories of how this man either destroyed their lives or tried to.
A lot has happened in that time: and my heart is glad that consciousness continues to be raised about the great evil that sexual abuse is, and how widespread it is, and how much women are at risk, and why we need to ensure justice for those who find the strength to speak out.
Awareness is victory But we are pushing to another even great victory: Justice.
When the courts last year decided to rule in favour of the man who assaulted me, people were crestfallen. I understood.
What they didn’t know however is that before we even began, we had been prepared for a long haul battle that may take years because the Nigerian legal system isn’t wired to help sexual abuse victims get justice.
Today, I have a major update. The police has concluded its investigation. And handed over its report to the Ministry of Justice in Abuja for onward prosecution of Biodun Fatoyinbo. He clearly has a case to answer.
But there has been silence from the ministry. Silence. A loud silence!
We have written a letter but for over a month we have no response.
Instead, my lawyers and my family have heard about all manner of manipulation and foul play being attempted to stop the ministry from beginning prosecution immediately.
Or even to get the police report manipulated.
My name is Busola Dakolo, a survivor of one of the most horrific acts -rape. My voice will not be shut down. My case will not be silenced. I am thankful to those in and out of the police, the ministry and the corridors of power who have called in solidarity and to reassure me that they are monitoring the ministry of justice and that this pressure to bury the case will not succeed.
I am updating the Nigerian public because you all made my story matter. You joined me to say enough is enough. With you, this has been an easier process.” she wrote
- “I Got Paid $10million To Pretend I Had COVID” – South African Rapper AKA RevealsIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 20, 2021South African rapper AKA has openly revealed that he was paid a whooping sum of $10million to pretend he had COVID. The rapper took to the streets of ...[Read more]
- Nigerian married men are the most generous men in the world – Laura Ikeji (Video)In Celebrity NewsJanuary 20, 2021While addressing infidelity in Nigerian marriages, Laura Ikeji has said Nigerian married men are the most generous men in the world. She made ...[Read more]
- Italian Super Cup final: Juventus’ squad to face Napoli confirmedIn SportsJanuary 20, 2021Juventus have released their squad that will tackle Napoli in tonight’s Italian Super Cup final at Stadio Città del Tricolore in Reggio Emilia, ...[Read more]
- Donald Trump Grants Clemency To Rappers Lil Wayne And Kodak BlackIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 20, 2021The White House announced early Wednesday that President Donald Trump has granted a pardon to rapper Lil Wayne and a commutation to rapper Kodak ...[Read more]
- Laycon drops hot freestyle on Jimmy’s Jump Off to address critics (Video)In Celebrity News, LayconJanuary 20, 2021Fast-rising singer and rapper, Laycon has featured on Jimmy’s Jump Off with popular disc jockey, DJ Jimmy Jatt with lyrics addressing critics. Since ...[Read more]
- Trump grants presidential pardon to Lil Wayne, Kodak BlackIn Celebrity News, Entertainment, NewsJanuary 20, 2021Obianuju Catherine Udeh, popularly known as DJ Switch, has called out the Lagos State Government over the order it recently secured from a mobile ...[Read more]
- Alban Bagbin orders all MPs to get tested for Covid-19In Ghana, NewsJanuary 20, 2021The Speaker of Parliament Alban Sumana Bagbin has directed that Members of Parliament undergo compulsory testing for COVID-19 to help reduce the ...[Read more]
- NPP 2024 flagbearer ‘may’ be chosen by consensus – Kyei Mensah Bonsu gives key hintIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 20, 2021Member of Parliament for Suame and the leader of the NPP caucus in Parliament Osei Kyei Mensah Bonsu says it’s imperative that the NPP select its ...[Read more]
- INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter’s RegistrationIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 20, 2021The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC is considering making the National Identity Number, NIN a precondition for registering voters ...[Read more]
- Gonja Traditional Council loses powerful Paramount Chief Kusawguwura S.S. Kunkarga IIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 20, 2021The death has been reported of the Paramount Chief for the Kusawgu traditional area in the Central Gonja district of the Savannah region his Royal ...[Read more]