Japanese multinational automotive manufacturer Toyota has opened an assembly plant in Ghana, the plant was commissioned yesterday Tuesday June 29, 2023 by President of Ghana Akufo-Addo.
The President said the development will help make the acquisition of new vehicles by Ghanaians more affordable as well as enable public sector workers to be able to afford and purchase locally assembled vehicles.
“Government will continue to create the enabling environment to boost the profitability of the emerging automobile sector in Ghana,” he was quoted as saying.
The plant, which was established to assembly Toyota Hilux pick-up and other sedans by the Toyota Tsusho Manufacturing Company Limited, is located in the Free zones Enclave in Tema
The Toyota plant establishment in Ghana came a few months after American micro-blogging site, Twitter, delivered a surprise for Africa when it established a regional headquarters in the West African country, a surprising development that triggered a vigorous debate about the business environment for technology start-ups across the continent.
- Reno Omokri Reacts As Toyota Snubs Nigeria, Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana
- Like Twitter, Toyota Snubs Nigeria, Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana
- All On and Auxano Solar Nigeria Sign $1.5m Investment Deal for Solar Panel Assembly Plant Expansion
- Trucks Assembly plant begins operations in Ondo
- LASG Unveils Joint Venture with CIG Motors to Set Up A World Class Motor Vehicle Assembly Plant And Kick Start âLagos Rideâ Taxi Scheme
- CCETC-Ossiomo Power Plant set for test run, as Edo power sector opens for competition
- Man Is Seen Using ₦7.5 Million Toyota Venza to Sell Bread in Anambra State (Photos)
- WOW! Davido Buys Brand New Toyota Camry For A Member Of His Crew
- Davido Buys Brand New Toyota Camry For A Member Of His Crew (Photos)
- Tesla tops Toyota to become world’s most valuable automaker