Troops have destroyed bandits camp along Gwagwada general area of Chikun local government area linking with Kaduna-Abuja Road
This was confirmed by the Kaduna State government on Wednesday, just as bandits killed two persons in Igabi local government area
In a statement, the Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Mr. Samuel Aruwan explained that,
“troops under the auspices of Operation Thunder Strike have continued fighting patrols in Gwagwada general area of Chikun local government area which connects with the Kaduna-Abuja highway.”
According to the statement,
“An operational feedback to the Kaduna State Government revealed that the troops conducted clearance patrols to Napayako and Dajin Wuya, during which several bandit camps were destroyed.
“The patrol followed an earlier attack by bandits on hunters in the forest, when two hunters were left with gunshot wounds.
“During the clearance operation, the troops mobilized to the location with some hunters who escaped the prior attack. While the camps were dislodged, one of the wounded hunters, Yohanna Yakubu, was found. The other hunter, Isuwa Tanko, was eventually confirmed dead.”
“Governor Nasir El-Rufai received the feedback with gratitude, praising the morale and resilience of the troops.
“In a sad development, armed bandits attacked Garu village of Igabi local government area in the early hours of today, killing two locals, Aliyu Daiyabu and Safiyanu Muhammad.
“Governor El-Rufai sent his condolences to the families of the two killed in Igabi local government area, and of the hunter found dead in Chikun local government area, while offering prayers for the repose of their souls. He also wished the injured hunter a quick recovery.” The statement said
- BBNaija’s Mercy Eke reacts after video of herself and third boyfriend went viralIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 15, 2021• BBNaija 2019 star Mercy has shared a reaction over the news about her romantic moment with new boyfriend. • Mercy Eke was on Thursday spotted in a ...[Read more]
- Monarchs demand justice, fairness in creation of new LCDA’sIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021Some traditional rulers in Ido/Osi Local Government Area of Ekiti State have appealed to the Committee superintending over the creation of Local ...[Read more]
- Fulham vs Chelsea: Lampard names player to miss EPL clashIn EPL, SportsJanuary 15, 2021
- Education, health very important to us – Governor Ikpeazu tells MDCNIn Education, NewsJanuary 15, 2021The Lagos State government on Friday said about 8,043 active COVID-19 cases are currently being managed under the state’s Home-Based Care. Prof. Akin ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: 8,043 active cases under Lagos Home Based Care – AbayomiIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 15, 2021
- EPL: Klopp singles out one Man Utd player ahead of Sunday’s clashIn EPL, SportsJanuary 15, 2021
- Spanish Super Cup: Marco Asensio blames opposition for Real Madrid’s defeatIn SportsJanuary 15, 2021
- My machine just landed mehn! – Nigerian mum says as she cruises in her N35 million Tesla (Video)In Viral NewsJanuary 15, 2021A video is currently circulating online and it capture the moment a Nigerian mum was taking a ride in her newly acquired Tesla. Her son shared a ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: LASU shuts hostels as three students test positiveIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 15, 2021
- Ohanaeze youths warns CAN against dabbling into politics, advises ObiozorIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021