Udinese’s William Troost-Ekong has revealed that Leon Balogun remains his preferred Super Eagles defensive partner.
Both players formed a formidable partnership during the qualifiers for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia and the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt.
But Balogun has since lost his position, after failing to secure playing time with Brighton.
He has now been loaned to championship side, Wigan this season.
“There have been many different partnerships I have played with. Again over the last five years, the games I have played, most of them with Leon,” Troost-Ekong told Super Eagles media team in an Instagram chat.
“He has been very good, I think we have good understanding. Leon has more experience, he came one year before I played my first game for the Super Eagles.
“He is like a big brother to me and it has been good playing with him, I have learned a lot from him as well.
“It always makes it easier when you have the same kind of mentality because you can understand each other well and you make good decisions together.”
- NFF, CAF and Udinese FC celebrate Super Eagles defender, William Troost-Ekong as he turns 27
- Watford set to complete signing of Super Eagles defender Williams Troost-Ekong
- Troost-Ekong, Etebo, Ajayi, Iwobi, Musa arrive Super Eagles camp in Lagos ahead of Benin and Lesotho games
- Cameroon vs Nigeria: Rohr replaces Troost-Ekong in Super Eagles camp
- ‘We deserved it’ – Nigeria’s Troost-Ekong ecstatic after helping Udinese defeat Juventus and avoid relegation
- Troost-Ekong wins promotion to EPL with Watford
- Super Eagles stars slept on bare floor after a hotel clash in Italy ahead of 1994 World Cup – Former Super Eagles. captain Sunday Oliseh reveals
- Some Super Eagles players do fetish things and have destroyed a lot of talents – Former Super Eagles defender Chidi Nwanu alleges
- Eagles’ Marquise Goodwin on defensive for his DeSean Jackson anti-Semitism response
- Super Eagles And Super Falcons Stars Model New Team Jerseys