US President, Donald Trump made history on Wednesday night, January 13 as the only US president to be impeached twice, and new reports say he spent the rest of the evening ‘isolated and wallowing in self pity’ .
According to the Washington Post, a White House adviser said “everybody’s angry at everyone” inside the White House, with the President being upset because he thinks people aren’t defending him enough.
“He’s in self-pity mode,” the source said.
The view among many close to Trump is “his actions led to here, no one else,” adding, “he instigated a mob to charge on the Capitol building to stop decertification, he’s not going to find a lot of sympathetic Republicans.”
During the last impeachment effort, Trump’s allies and Republicans publicly defended him and sent out talking points throughout the impeachment proceeding.
But on Wednesday night, Trump was left alone at the White House, as he released a statement to Fox News denouncing further violence, followed by a five-minute video that struck a very different contrite tone than his first message following the attack on the Capitol last week.
Also, there was no organized effort to send out talking points, unlike his first impeachment.
Reports also say many White House staffers have left or resigned since the riots, including Trump’s once longtime confidante Hope Hicks.
Another person close to the White House said “he’s been holed up in the residence, that’s never a good thing.
“He’s by himself, not a lot of people to bounce ideas off of, whenever that happens he goes to his worst instincts. Now that Twitter isn’t available God only knows what the outlet will be,” the source said.
Reports now say Trump might use his last period in power to world his last powers- pardons, which could come as soon as soon as Thursday and will distract Americans from the current narrative.
It is yet to be seen if Trump will carry out the extraordinary step of pardoning himself and his children.
The reports adds that a person close to Trump believes it’s a bad idea for him to pardon himself and his kids especially in the wake of the riots, but that he wants to exercise what remaining power he has.
- Herdsmen: Nnamdi Kanu reacts as presidency battles Gov AkeredoluIn NewsJanuary 21, 2021Leaders from around the world have congratulated newly sworn-in US President, Joe Biden, and Vice President, Kamala Harris, expressing cautious ...[Read more]
- What Andrea Pirlo said after wining first trophy at JuventusIn SportsJanuary 21, 2021Tottenham boss, Jose Mourinho, has finally ruled out any possibility of bringing Real Madrid centre-back, Eder Militao to Spurs this January transfer ...[Read more]
- Police arrests 3-member gang in AdamawaIn Local NewsJanuary 21, 2021The Commandant, Kano State Hisbah Board, Dr Haruna Ibn-Sina, said 19 women were arrested over alleged involvement in immoral acts in state. The ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: NCDC Records 1386 New CasesIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 21, 2021The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC has recorded 1,386 new cases of COVID-19, bringing the total number of infections in the country to ...[Read more]
- 62-year-old man arrested for raping 13-year-old girl in KatsinaIn NewsJanuary 21, 2021The Katsina State Police Command has arrested a 62-year-old man, Lawal Sani for raping a 13-year-old old girl in Unguwar Yari area of the ...[Read more]
- Thirty Fine And Sexy!!!! Bisola Aiyeola Shares Stunning Birthday SnapsIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 21, 2021Nollywood star Bisola Aiyeola turns 35 today and to celebrate the milestone the TV star has shared stunning birthday snaps. The stunning beauty ...[Read more]
- Diane Russet slams troll who said she looks like a cancer patient on her new haircutIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 21, 2021Former Big Brother Naija housemate and beautician, Diane Russet has cautioned an insensitive troll who said she looks like a cancer patient on her ...[Read more]
- Wontumi writes to Prempeh College, asks them to put his bad results in museum to motivate weak studentsIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 21, 2021Chairman for the New Patriotic Party in the Ashanti Region, Benard Antwi Boasiako known in the political circles as Chairman Wontumi says he’s asked ...[Read more]
- “Kids are not a blessing. They are a burden” – Huddah Monroe writesIn NewsJanuary 21, 2021Huddah Monroe took to her Instagram Stories to share a controversial statement that is getting attention. The Big Brother Africa reality star ...[Read more]
- There’s tension inside Akufo-Addo’s head over appointments – Gabby Otchere-Darko gives sneak peekIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 21, 2021Gabby Asare Otchere-Darko says there is uneasy in the head of the President of Ghana with appointments for his second term as President. According to ...[Read more]