President Trump crowed over his approval ratings Saturday after a new poll showed him maintaining high marks through the coronavirus crisis.
“96% Approval Rating in the Republican Party. Thank you!” he posted on Twitter. “Also, just out, highest ever Approval Rating overall in the new Gallup Poll and shows ‘Trump beating Sleepy Joe Biden.’”
Gallup’s survey of 1,016 adults, taken in the last two weeks of April, found Trump at 49 percent approval overall, matching his numbers in its March poll — the highest of Trump’s presidency.
His numbers were buoyed by a 47 percent approval mark among independents, the highest he has ever achieved with this group.
But Trump overstated Gallup’s findings for Republican voters: 94 percent of them told the pollster they approve of their president’s performance.
And his claim about his presumptive presidential rival was not confirmed by the poll, which did not ask about the coming November election.
- 82.9m Nigerians are currently living in poverty, highest numbers in Sokoto and lowest numbers in Lagos- NBS report says
- Kim Jong Un touts ‘thousands of tons of’ meat amid food shortage
- Old tweets of Trump criticizing Obama for golfing during the Ebola crisis resurfaces after Trump was pictured playing golf amid Coronavirus pandemic
- Trump touts ‘very, very strong’ economy in new tweet
- Trump touts more than 200 miles of new border wall in Arizona visit
- President Trump touts NYPD police union endorsement
- Trump touts deregulation agenda and warns of ‘dismal future’ under Democrats
- RNC 2022: Sister Deirdre “Dede” Byrne touts Trump’s pro-life bona fides
- ‘Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV,’: Trump touts five-word memory test as showing he is ‘cognitively there’
- Trump touts signing landmark Great American Outdoors Act