“Trump was right,” an FBI agent declared shortly after the then-president-elect suggested that officials delayed a White House transition briefing on Russian meddling in the 2016 election because they needed time “to build a case.”
The bombshell admission is contained in a text message exchange that took place on Jan. 5, 2017, and was among several that lawyers for former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn said were turned over to them late Thursday night.
During the conversation on the FBI’s “Lync” messaging system, unidentified employees discussed a briefing that day of then-President Barack Obama, according to the court filing.
“What’s the word on how O’s briefing went,” one fed asked.
“Dont know but people here are scrambling for info to support certain things and its a mad house,” another wrote.
The next message was the one-word response, “jesus,” followed by an apparent reference to a Trump tweet from two days earlier.
“trump was right. still not put together….why do we do this to ourselves. what is wrong with these people,” another FBI agent wrote.
In a Jan. 3, 2017, tweet, Trump wrote, “The ‘Intelligence’ briefing on so-called ‘Russian hacking’ was delayed until Friday, perhaps more time needed to build a case. Very strange!”
The identities of the FBI employees involved in the conversation are blacked out in the District of Columbia federal court filing, and it’s not clear how many took part or what their roles were at the bureau.
But five days later, court papers say, the “same employees” had another text message exchange in which one revealed how “we all went and purchased professional liability insurance.”
“all the analysts too?” another asked.
“yep,” was the reply.
A subsequent message added, “all the folks at the Agency as well.”
Flynn’s lawyers included the conversations in a filing to support dismissal of the case against the retired US Army general, who pleaded guilty in 2017 to lying to the FBI about his conversations with then-Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak.
“This evidence shows outrageous, deliberate misconduct by FBI and [the Department of Justice] — playing games with the life of a national hero,” Flynn’s lawyers wrote.
Although the Justice Department in May agreed to drop its prosecution of Flynn — citing “newly discovered and disclosed information” obtained by the defense — presiding Judge Emmett Sullivan declined to dismiss the case and appointed former Brooklyn federal Judge John Gleeson to offer advice as a “friend of the court.”
In a filing earlier this month, Gleeson said the Justice Department’s decision “rests on pure pretext” and “reflects a corrupt and politically motivated favor unworthy of our justice system.”
Sullivan has scheduled oral arguments on the matter for Tuesday morning, hours before the first debate between President Trump and his Democratic challenger, former Vice President Joe Biden.
New York Post
- EndSARS: Let’s Continue To Spread Awareness – DJ CuppyOctober 26, 2020DJ Cuppy has taken to online media to encourage Nigerians to proceed with the protest against SARS and police brutality in the nation. As per her, ...[Read more]
- #EndSARS: Famous Nigerian comedian AY Blasts Those Asking Why No Celebrity Died During ProtestsOctober 26, 2020Famous Nigerian comedian, Ayo Makun better known as AY, has gone hard on individuals inquiring as to why no big name died during #EndSARS fights held ...[Read more]
- Nigerian Man Reveals How An Iron protector Saved His Shop From Being Looted In Imo State (+Photos)October 26, 2020A Nigerian businessman, Chima Smart Nwaneri, has taken to Twitter to uncover how an iron defender kept his shop from being burglarized in Owerri, Imo ...[Read more]
- Popular Nigerian Cross-dresser, Bobrisky Reveals Two Things He Can Never DoOctober 26, 2020Nigerian cross-dresser, Okuneye Idris better realized as Bobrisky has uncovered two things he can never be seen doing. He made this disclosure in ...[Read more]
- Chief of Army Staff Responds To Travel Ban calls By International BodiesOctober 26, 2020Tukur Buratai, Chief of Army Staff, has responded to calls by International bodies requiring a movement boycott to be put on some military officials ...[Read more]
- All the hoodlums who are taking advantage of this season, shall not go unpunished-Bishop Oyedepo warns hoodlumsOctober 26, 2020The General Overseer of Winners Chapel International, David Oyedepo, has declared that the hoodlums who took advantage of the ENDSARS impasse to loot ...[Read more]
- See Davido’s reaction to the To Newly Discovered Camera At Lekki Toll GateOctober 26, 2020Davido, the fiance of Chioma Avril Rowlan, has disclosed how surprised and shocked he feels about the Lekki Toll Gate discovery. Amid an inspection ...[Read more]
- BBNaija Laycon to feature Neo in his new musical videoOctober 26, 2020BBNaija star Laycon has tightened the bond between him and Neo as he featured him in his upcoming music video. Laycon In a picture circulating on ...[Read more]
- This few weeks have been though on me, Laycon appreciates fans for their supportOctober 26, 2020Big Brother Naija winner, Laycon has appreciated his fans for showing him love and support over the past few weeks. He said also that the week was ...[Read more]
- David Oyedepo Says Hoodlums Destroying Properties Will Not Go UnpunishedOctober 26, 2020Directing Bishop of the Living Faith Church, David Oyedepo has said hoodlums plundering, decimating and consuming properties in Nigeria will not go ...[Read more]