The management of Ocean Marine Solutions Limited, a maritime security solutions company, has refuted claims and petitions by Tunde Ayeni, a former chairman of Skye Bank Plc, that he is still a shareholder, vice chairman and member of the company’s board of directors.
In a joint statement yesterday by the board, management and shareholders of OMS, they declared that they were compelledto issue the disclaimer to set the records straight and prevent government agencies, clients of OMS and the general public from being misled by Ayeni’s deliberate misrepresentation of facts.
“Dr Olatunde John Ayeni is no longer a Director of OMS and any of its associated companies having resigned from OMS since August 2018,” the company posited emphatically, adding, “that Ayeni sold and transferred all his shares and interests to Wells Property Development Company Limited for valuable consideration since 2018.”
As such, Ayeni, the statement averred further, had not been involved or connected in any way with the management of the OMS since the time he sold his shares and resigned from the board. However, according to the management, when Ayeni became aware in September 2020 that the chairman of OMS, Captain Idahosa Wells Okunbo had health issues and was undergoing treatment in London; “He has since then started making false claims that he is still a part of OMS.”
While commending and appreciating Okunbo for “his selfless and personal efforts in managing the affairs of the company, the lofty heights to which he has taken it and the use of his personal resources in meeting operational financial shortfall in the company,” the OMS stakeholders reiterated their implicit and unshaken confidence in his leadership and all the steps he has taken in managing the affairs of the company.
The board of the company, the statement noted, has also passed a vote of confidence on Capt Okunbo but described Ayeni as “a meddlesome interloper who is seeking to blackmail Capt. Idahosa Wells Okunbo at this time of his ill-health for financial benefit.”
The management stated unequivocally that its accounts are in good and correct order but that Ayeni has no interest whatsoever in OMS and its affairs and, therefore, advised him “to steer clear of OMS and its associated companies.”
- Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde reacts to allegations of extra marital affair with OshiomholeIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 19, 2021Veteran Nigerian singer, Onyeka Onwenu has revealed that Music legend, Fela Anikulapo-Kuti approached her for marriage in the eighties. Onyeka ...[Read more]
- I’ve No interest in NPP Chairmanship – Kennedy Agyapong clarifiesIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 19, 2021Assin Central Member of Parliament(MP) Kennedy Agyapong has shot down media reports suggesting he interested in being the Chairman of the New ...[Read more]
- Osun man bags one year in prison for stealing cablesIn Local NewsJanuary 19, 2021A herb dealer, Rofiat Biliameen, has petitioned a Mapo Customary Court in Ibadan to dissolve her two and a half-year-old marriage to estranged ...[Read more]
- Akufo-Addo asks Mr. Opare Duncan to act as National Security CoordinatorIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 19, 2021The Director for Communications at the Presidency Eugene Arhin has disclosed that the President of Ghana Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has asked Deputy ...[Read more]
- Singer Waje finally shows off her man, sparks wedding rumourIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 19, 2021Popular soul singer, Aituaje Iruobe better known as Waje has shown off her man, a fellow singer by the name Ric Hassani. The singer who gave up on ...[Read more]
- Shock as 33 people are killed in road accidents on Wenchi roadIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 19, 2021A total of 33 persons died as a result of road accidents in the Wenchi Municipality of the Bono Region in 2020 alone, MyNewsGh.com reports These road ...[Read more]
- Congratulations For Winning After Murdering Your Opponents – UN Watch Taunts Ugandan President MuseviniIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 19, 2021United Nations watch has mocked the reelection of Uganda’s president Musevini for his 6th term in office. The NGO which monitors the world body, ...[Read more]
- COVID-19 surge increases strain on funeral homesIn LifestyleJanuary 19, 2021As refrigerated trucks arrive at states across the country, funeral homes say they are turning families away. As of mid-January, Los ...[Read more]
- Adamawa church suspends annual convention over COVID-19In COVID-19, NewsJanuary 19, 2021A former presidential aspirant in the 2019 general elections under the platform of the main opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), The former ...[Read more]
- EPL: Mark Lawrenson predicts Leicester City vs ChelseaIn EPL, SportsJanuary 19, 2021Former Liverpool player, Mark Lawrenson, has predicted Chelsea to beat Leicester City 2-0 at the King Power Stadium on Tuesday night. Chelsea were ...[Read more]