Tunde Bakare, the general overseer of The Citadel Global Community Church, formerly known as Latter Rain Assembly, has donated three church buildings to the Lagos and Ogun state governments as isolation centres.
In a broadcast shared by the church, Bakare called on other churches, with multiple facilities to do the same, rather than criticise the government for shutting down congregational worship.
He said he has not asked the churches to do what he himself has not done, stating that his church had donated their facilities to the government in Lagos, while a private residence in Abeokuta has been granted to the Ogun state government.
He called on the church to lead the campaign against COVID-19 and support the government, stating that there is no social distancing in the spirit.
“Those churches with multiple facilities, rather than their leaders criticising the government, they should collaborate with them.
“They must be prepared to offer some of their halls to governmental authorities as isolation centres in support of the efforts of the government,” Bakare added.
Bakare also prayed for health workers, and called on every Christian to make their homes, neighbourhood, and workplace as the new pulpits for preaching God’s word.
- Open your church halls for government to use as Isolation centers – Pastor Tunde Bakare tells Nigerian church leaders (video)
- Catholic Church donates 425 hospitals, clinics nationwide as isolation centres
- Open Up Churches As Isolation Centers – Pastor Tunde Bakare
- Pastor Tunde Bakare reveals what Tinubu used to win elections for APC in 2015, 2019
- COVID-19: Church might not open until end of the year – Pastor Tunde Bakare
- I won’t open my church until the end of the year – Pastor Tunde Bakare
- ‘My Church may not open till end of the year – Pastor Tunde Bakare declares
- COVID-19: Why My Church May Not Reopen – Pastor Tunde Bakare
- COVID-19: Pastor Tunde Bakare sends strong message to church leaders over ban on religious gatherings
- School dormitories to be used as isolation/treatment centres