Twitter CEO, Jack Dorsey has said the decision to permanently ban U.S. President Donald Trump from the social media platform was the right decision after last week’s violence at the U.S. Capitol.
Twitter last week removed Trump’s account, which had 88 million followers, citing the risk of further violence following the US Capitol riot by supporters of the president.
In Jack’s 13-tweet thread on Wednesday night, January 13, he described the situation surrounding Mr. Trump’s permanent suspension as an “extraordinary and untenable circumstances.”
He also said the ban was part of Twitter’s failure to ‘promote healthy conversation’ across its platforms despite “a clear warning” to President Trump.
See his tweets below.
- Why rich people are more likely to socially distanceIn LifestyleJanuary 15, 2021Thanks to better health care access, job stability and a cushy home, the wealthy are socially distancing at higher rates than low-income households. ...[Read more]
- Smart collar translates dog barks into emotions, startup company saysIn LifestyleJanuary 15, 2021Now you can find out what your dog is saying when it barks — or at least, you’ll know how it’s feeling. South Korean startup Petpuls ...[Read more]
- Wayne LaPierre says NRA is leaving ‘toxic’ New York, heading to TexasIn USAJanuary 15, 2021The National Rifle Association is shotgun-divorcing New York and hightailing it to Texas, its CEO announced Friday. The gun lobby is “breaking free ...[Read more]
- Cell is not a new thing. I have been there before and I left -James Brown claps back at BobriskyIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021James Brown has responded to Bobisky’s threat to send ”him” to jail. In an apparent response to his call-out earlier today, ...[Read more]
- Queen Elizabeth’s hot grandnephew is a royal Instagram thirst trapIn LifestyleJanuary 15, 2021Hubba-hubba-ding-ding, Queen Elizabeth’s grandnephew is being crowned the hottest new workout king. Although he’s 26th in line to the British ...[Read more]
- ”Na for inside cell you go for treat that your HIV”- Bobrisky writes hours after James Brown called him out on IGIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021Bobrisky has reacted to his call out by crossdresser, James Brown aka ‘They Didn’t caught me.’ Earlier this evening, James called ...[Read more]
- Feds seize tens of thousands of fake N95 masks at JFK AirportIn USAJanuary 15, 2021Federal authorities seized tens of thousands of knock-off N95 masks at JFK airport, officials said Friday. U.S. Customs and Border Protection ...[Read more]
- Cops make arrest in hammer attack of NYC subway riderIn USAJanuary 15, 2021Cops have collared a suspect in the hammer attack of a straphanger in a Manhattan subway station, police said. Jose Moreno, 47, was arrested Friday ...[Read more]
- Workaholics at a greater risk of depression, study findsIn LifestyleJanuary 15, 2021If you are a workaholic, depression or a lack of sleep could be in the offing, according to a new study. The International Journal of ...[Read more]
- Video captures man smashing MTA bus windshield with scooterIn USAJanuary 15, 2021A man smashed the front windshield of a Bronx MTA bus with a scooter, new video released by police shows. Video released late Thursday shows ...[Read more]