Two men were busted in Oregon for looting homes in an area evacuated during raging wildfires, authorities said.
Anthony Travis Bodda, 21, and Alexander Justin Jones, 36, were arrested Thursday following a high-speed chase through the fire-ravaged Beachie Creek region of Santiam Canyon, Oregon Live reported.
Authorities received a report of a suspicious vehicle around 10:15 a.m. in Detroit, one of the towns under evacuation orders.
When officers encountered the van, the suspects took off through a golf course in an attempt to evade them, the outlet reported.
Deputies were able to track them down using K9s and discovered several items they believe were stolen in the van, the outlet reported.
Both were taken to the Marion County jail on charges that include burglary, attempted theft, reckless driving, the outlet reported.
“I am disappointed that while in a state of emergency these people would victimize members of our community,” Marion County Sheriff Joe Kast said.
“The women and men of the Marion County Sheriff’s Office are committed to holding people accountable if they chose to victimize residents from our evacuated areas.”
New York Post
- Regina Daniels Massive Weight Loss In New Photo Raises ConcernIn Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Fans of Actress Regina Daniels have expressed their concern about her massive weight loss after she had her first child about 5 months ago. In a new ...[Read more]
- “I Don’t Like Davido, I Love Him”- Omah Lay Publicly Declares His Love For DavidoIn Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Nigerian singer and songwriter Omah Lay has declared publicly that he loves Davido not only for what he does but who he is. He made this known during ...[Read more]
- Meet The Beautiful Sister Of Burna Boy Who Is Also SingerIn Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Burna Boy is one of the most popular and well-to-do musicians in the Nigerian entertainment industry, the musician is known for his music and ...[Read more]
- Upstate NY mayor charged with crack possession after police pursuitIn USADecember 2, 2020The mayor of a small upstate New York village was arrested Tuesday for allegedly possessing crack cocaine, cops said. Massena Mayor Tim Currier was ...[Read more]
- 15-month-old girl stabbed inside NYC apartmentIn USADecember 2, 2020A 15-month-old girl was left in critical condition after being stabbed in the stomach inside a Brooklyn home on Tuesday, law enforcement sources told ...[Read more]
- Man shot in buttocks during Hell’s Kitchen feudIn USADecember 2, 2020A man was shot in the buttocks during an argument in Hell’s Kitchen on Tuesday night, police said. The 52-year-old victim was wounded while in a ...[Read more]
- Fauci says Broadway could reopen by fall 2021In USADecember 2, 2020Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious diseases doctor, says Broadway could possibly be shining its bright lights again by early next fall. ...[Read more]
- Sheriffs bust defiant NYC bar in COVID-19 hotspotIn USADecember 2, 2020City sheriffs on Tuesday night shut down a Staten Island bar that declared itself an “autonomous zone” and continued to serve indoor customers in ...[Read more]
- New Yorkers of all stripes blast MTA fare and toll hikesIn USADecember 2, 2020If there’s one thing New Yorkers can agree on in these divided times, it’s that they don’t want to pay more to get around the city. A bipartisan ...[Read more]
- Woman gets $325K settlement in 2018 NJ beach brawl bustIn USADecember 2, 2020A Philadelphia woman punched out by cops during a wild, 2018 caught-on-video beach brawl in New Jersey is getting the last laugh. Emily Weinman, ...[Read more]