A report filed by Erastus Asare Donkor of the Multimedia Group suggests that some armed Military men are guarding illegal Chinese Miners in the Manso forest.
In the video which has been shared on social media, the task-force in charge of fighting illegal Mining is seen to have identified Military uniforms on the presmises where illegal mining was ongoing.
They decided to pick the uniforms but the Military personnel who drove in numbering over 30, angrily took back the uniforms picked up by the taskforce sparking a heated argument with some vigilantes.
The Military forces the Joy News reporter to stop recording what was going on.
The Military men forcibly delete videos from their cameras and destroyed the driving mirror of the car used by the Multimedia Group.
The task-force is prevented from leaving the mining site and the Chinese Nationals are released.
But a call from the Military High Command and the Ministry of Environment, Science and Technology ensured that the task-force is left to leave the mining site.
Source: MyNewsGh.com/ Ayeh Offei-Akoto/2021
- JUST IN: Osun takes drastic action as 17 Chinese, Monarch to be persecuted for Illegal Mining
- 19 illegal Chinese miners ‘ll be prosecuted according to Mining Act — Adegbite
- 17 Chinese, 10 Nigerians arrested for illegal mining in Osun
- Influential people are mounting pressure on FG to free Chinese nationals arrested for illegal mining – Minister of mines and steel development, Olamilekan Adegbite
- Illegal mining: Osun Amotekun nabs 10 Chinese, a Ghanaian three localst
- Amotekun corps arrests another 10 Chinese, others for illegal mining in Osun
- Osun Amotekun nabs 10 Chinese, Ghanaian, 3 locals for illegal mining
- Illegal Mining: Amotekun arrests more Chinese Nationals
- Osun Amotekun arrests another 3 Chinese nationals, 21 others over illegal mining
- Mining robot stranded on Pacific Ocean floor in deep-sea mining trial