Golf legend, Tiger Woods was involved in a single-car crash on Tuesday morning, February 23, in California, and was taken to a hospital, where he underwent surgery over multiple leg injuries.
An official statement has been released from Woods’ official account after the car crash, providing an update on Woods’ medical status after his surgery at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center.
“We thank everyone for the overwhelming support and messages during this tough time,” the statement read. “As previously communicated, Tiger was involved in a single-car accident earlier this morning in California. He has undergone a long surgical procedure on his lower right leg and ankle after being brought to the hospital.”
“Mr. Woods suffered significant orthopedic injuries to his right lower extremity that were treated during emergency surgery by Orthopaedic trauma specialists at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, a level 1 trauma center. Comminuted open fractures affecting both the upper and lower portions of the tibia and fibula bones were stabilized by inserting a rod into the tibia. Additional injuries to the bones of the foot and ankle were stabilized with a combination of screws and pins. Trauma to the muscle and soft-tissue of the leg required surgical release of the covering of the muscle to relieve pressure due to swelling.” – Anish Majajan, MD, Chief Medical Officer & Interim CEO at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center.
“He is currently awake, responsive, and recovering in his hospital room,” the statement read.
“Thank you to the wonderful doctors and hospital staff at Harbor UCLA Medical Center, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, and the Fire Department. Your support and assistance has been outstanding.
“There are no further updates at this time and we continue to thank you for your well-wishes and privacy for him and his family.”
— Tiger Woods (@TigerWoods) February 24, 2021
The L.A. County Sheriff’s Department said at around 7:12 a.m., police responded to a single-vehicle rollover crash on the border of Rolling Hills Estates and Rancho Palos Verdes. The vehicle, which Woods was driving alone, sustained major damage.
According to the Los Angeles Times, Woods was traveling at a high rate of speed and lost control of the vehicle before crossing the center divider. Woods’s SUV rolled multiple times before coming to a halt.
The L.A County Sheriff’s Department statement also said Woods was “extricated from the wreck with the ‘jaws of life’ by Los Angeles County firefighters and paramedics” and was subsequently transported to Harbor-UCLA Medical Center by ambulance.
- I won’t take COVID-19 vaccine, I’d rather miss Olympics – BlakeIn SportsMarch 1, 2021Arsenal boss, Mikel Arteta, has warned forward, Gabriel Martinelli, that he needs to keep working hard to get back to his best following his side’s ...[Read more]
- Nine dead, 41 injured in Kano auto crashIn Local NewsMarch 1, 2021Goods worth millions of naira have been destroyed by a fire which razes a section of the Oregbeni market, close to the national headquarter of the ...[Read more]
- 400k monthly salary cannot give you a soft life in Lagos – Nigerian Lady.In Celebrity NewsMarch 1, 2021Yesterday, a sensation ran wild online regarding finances as a Nigerian Lady who sells wares online with the Twitter handle @CO_chiamaka said that ...[Read more]
- I am still unemployed – Viral ex-corp member gives update on his life years after NYSCIn GossipMarch 1, 2021A Nigerian man who went viral some years ago after a photo of him shouting committedly during parade at the NYSC orientation camp surfaced online, ...[Read more]
- If your own taped corruption didn’t destroy the judiciary, what will criticism do?- lawyer asks Judicial ServiceIn Ghana, NewsMarch 1, 2021Lawyer and advocate for legal education reforms in Ghana, Mawuse Oliver Barker-Vormawor has asserted that criticising the courts and holding it to ...[Read more]
- New Mum, Adesua Etomi Shares Photos Documenting Her Pregnancy, Childbirth and MotherhoodIn EntertainmentMarch 1, 2021Adesua Etomi-Wellington has shared photos documenting different stages of her pregnancy and the back story for each photo. The new mum also shared ...[Read more]
- Shatta Wale threatens to beat music producer for exposing him for not paying for his servicesIn Entertainment, Ghana, NewsMarch 1, 2021Dancehall artiste Shatta Wale has threatened to beat music producer MOG for exposing him. MOG on Sunday in series of tweets exposed Shatta Wale for ...[Read more]
- Being a celebrity doesn’t prevent me from doing my matrimonial duties at home – Diana HamiltonIn Entertainment, GhanaMarch 1, 2021‘Adom (Grace)’ hitmaker and powerful vocalist, Diana Hamilton has revealed that despite the busy schedules that come with her celebrity status, she ...[Read more]
- “I miss my daughter” – Actress, Ada Ameh weeps over loss of only childIn Celebrity NewsMarch 1, 2021Nollywood actress, Ada Ameh continues to grief over the death of her only child, Aladi Gift, who died in October 2020 after battling a prolonged ...[Read more]
- It’s unnecessary to cane children – Diana Hamilton fumesIn Entertainment, GhanaMarch 1, 2021Award-winning Ghanaian gospel music icon, Diana Hamilton has disclosed on Kastle FM in an interview with Amansan Krakye monitored by MyNewsGh.com ...[Read more]