Three key Republican members of the US House of Representatives have vowed to vote to impeach President Donald Trump today.
Recall that no Republican supported Trump’s first impeachment in 2019 but these lawmakers said they would support the President’s removal.
President Trump has been under fire since Wednesday when he was accused to have encouraged his supporters to launch a deadly attack on US Capitol.
Although the President has denied having a hand in the attack, Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi on Monday, introduced the article for his impeachment and vowed that “we must take action.”
Trump yesterday warned against the move to impeach him, insisting that it was causing tremendous anger and danger, adding that Pelosi and Chuck Schumer have continued on this terrible path.
And now Republican Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming, who is the number three Republican in the House and the daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney, said she would vote to impeach Trump.
Her reason being that “there has never been a greater betrayal by a President of the United States of his office and his oath to the Constitution.”
According to her, the President “summoned” the mob that attacked the Capitol last week, “assembled the mob, and lit the flame of this attack.”
Also, New York Rep. John Katko, who is a former Federal Prosecutor, said he would vote to impeach the President.
“To allow the president of the United States to incite this attack without consequence is a direct threat to the future of our democracy. I cannot sit by without taking action,” he said.
In the same vein, Rep. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois, said he would vote to impeach.
- NYPD rescues dog from freezing Jamaica Bay waterIn USAJanuary 21, 2021It was ruff day for this pup. The NYPD Harbor Unit rescued a dog struggling to stay above water in Jamaica Bay Wednesday morning. Officers were ...[Read more]
- UK Records 1820 COVID-19 Death – The Highest In A Single DayIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 21, 2021Britain’s Prime Minister Boris Johnson, Chris Whitty, Chief Medical Officer for England and Chief Scientific Adviser to the Government, Sir Patrick ...[Read more]
- This Is Why Michelle Obama And Joe Biden’s Grandchildren Are Melting Everyone’s Heart On Social MediaIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 21, 2021Former first lady Michelle Obama has warmly greeted members of Joe Biden’s family – hugging his grandchildren as she stepped onto the inaugural ...[Read more]
- “Many Of Your Friends Are Miserable Today Because They Married Quick” – Reno Omokri Warn SinglesIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 21, 2021
- Sanitizer in chief: Twitter loves the inauguration’s mystery podium cleanerIn LifestyleJanuary 21, 2021Forget Joe Biden, Kamala Harris and, heck, even Lady Gaga — the true star of the inauguration was the bespectacled man of mystery who wiped down the ...[Read more]
- ‘I Don’t Believe In House Helps’ – BBNaija’s Uriel Oputa Lament Doing Everything HerselfIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 21, 2021
- KOKOnista Of The Day: Amanda Gorman Is The Young Poet Laureate Inspiring With Her Work On Race, Feminism And African DiasporaIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 21, 2021Her art and activism focus on issues of oppression, feminism, race, and marginalisation, as well as the African diaspora. She read her poem “The ...[Read more]
- Three National Guard members killed in helicopter crash in upstate New YorkIn USAJanuary 21, 2021Three National Guard members were killed when a military helicopter crashed in upstate New York Wednesday evening, officials said. The aircraft, a ...[Read more]
- Three dead after military chopper crashes in upstate New YorkIn USAJanuary 21, 2021Three people were killed when a military helicopter crashed in upstate New York Wednesday evening, according to reports. The fatal crash occurred ...[Read more]
- Portugal sets records in one of world’s worst virus surgesIn LifestyleJanuary 21, 2021LISBON, Portugal — Portugal’s new daily COVID-19 cases jumped to more than 14,600 to set a new national record Wednesday, as the country weathers one ...[Read more]