Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State has shunned the coronavirus pandemic protocols by attending an event few hours after he returned from an international trip.
DAILY POST learnt that Makinde who travelled to the USA on December 30 2020 to meet his wife, returned to Nigeria around 3pm on Tuesday.
The Governor, however, on Wednesday attended a gathering, christensen “annual inter-faith service” to mark the beginning of 2021.
The gathering had in attendance; Makinde’s Deputy, Engineer Rauf Olaniyan, government officials, civil servants among others.
DAILY POST gathered that the event was held Wednesday morning, about seventeen hours after Makinde returned from the foreign trip.
Our correspondent learnt that the presence of Makinde at the event was contrary to COVID-19 protocols which states that anyone from a foreign trip must be quarantine for fourteen days.
The governor did not state the reasons he shunned the pandemic protocols as stressed by the COVID-19 Task Force established by the federal government of Nigeria.
But while addressing the gathering, he promised bumper deliverables for workers and people of the state in the 2021 fiscal year, despite the challenges posed by coronavirus pandemic.
The governor equally declared that his administration was on top of the insecurity challenges in the state.
“First, let me thank God for the gift of life and His protection over us all in the past year. 2020 has been described in many quarters as a tough year. We did not survive last year because we are tougher, we survived only by His grace and that is why it is good that we are holding this inter-faith service in gratitude.
“We are starting this year in good spirits. We are confident that this year, the seeds we planted in the previous year will yield good fruits. Last year, I didn’t know where the International Airport was from February till December. We all stayed together to experience the pandemic.
“On the 30th, I decided to spend the New Year in the United States of America and before I came back, critics were saying I went to America to enjoy myself while Oyo State was burning. My belief is, they were criticising me because they had no other thing to say. Well, I am back and we will continue to serve the people of Oyo State.
“So, we are looking forward to commissioning various projects that we started last year. For example, the 65km Moniya-Ijaiye-Iseyin road will be commissioned this year. Also lined up for commissioning this year are: the 21km Airport- Ajia-New Ife Express road with a spur to Amuloko; the 12km Apete-Awotan-Akufo road, which will be the first concrete road belonging to the state government.”
He reeled out other projects scheduled to be commissioned this year.
- Nigerians mock Buhari as Pigeons refuse to fly at Armed Forces Remembrance [Video]In NewsJanuary 15, 2021Nigerians on social media have mocked President Buhari over the refusal of Pigeons to fly during the armed forces remembrance on Friday. President of ...[Read more]
- BBNaija’s Mercy Eke reacts after video of herself and third boyfriend went viralIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 15, 2021• BBNaija 2019 star Mercy has shared a reaction over the news about her romantic moment with new boyfriend. • Mercy Eke was on Thursday spotted in a ...[Read more]
- Monarchs demand justice, fairness in creation of new LCDA’sIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021Some traditional rulers in Ido/Osi Local Government Area of Ekiti State have appealed to the Committee superintending over the creation of Local ...[Read more]
- Fulham vs Chelsea: Lampard names player to miss EPL clashIn EPL, SportsJanuary 15, 2021
- Education, health very important to us – Governor Ikpeazu tells MDCNIn Education, NewsJanuary 15, 2021The Lagos State government on Friday said about 8,043 active COVID-19 cases are currently being managed under the state’s Home-Based Care. Prof. Akin ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: 8,043 active cases under Lagos Home Based Care – AbayomiIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 15, 2021An Igbo socio-cultural organization, Ohanaeze Youth Council, OYC, has warned the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, against aiding ...[Read more]
- EPL: Klopp singles out one Man Utd player ahead of Sunday’s clashIn EPL, SportsJanuary 15, 2021
- Spanish Super Cup: Marco Asensio blames opposition for Real Madrid’s defeatIn SportsJanuary 15, 2021
- My machine just landed mehn! – Nigerian mum says as she cruises in her N35 million Tesla (Video)In Viral NewsJanuary 15, 2021A video is currently circulating online and it capture the moment a Nigerian mum was taking a ride in her newly acquired Tesla. Her son shared a ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: LASU shuts hostels as three students test positiveIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 15, 2021An Igbo socio-cultural organization, Ohanaeze Youth Council, OYC, has warned the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, against aiding ...[Read more]