US President, Donald Trump will be having his private sendoff party running simultaneously with the inauguration of President-elect Joe Biden.
The outgoing President will depart Washington DC on Wednesday morning before Biden is sworn in.
Trump has made it clear he won’t be attending the inauguration of his successor, making him the first modern-day president of the US to do so.
He will be at an unprecedented farewell event at Joint Base Andrews outside Washington where Air Force One is kept, according to Reuters.
No recent President has had his own send-off ceremony at Andrews during the swearing-in ceremony.
Former president George W. Bush attended Barrack Obama’s inauguration before having a military send-off at Andrews.
A senior administration official told the newspaper about Trump’s plans.
Traditionally, the outgoing President and his wife attend the inauguration of the new president at the Capitol and then flies off in a military helicopter to board a government jet at the air base to take them to their destination.
Andrew Johnson was the first President to snub his successor’s inauguration and that was in 1869. Andrew was also impeached.
- Idea of ‘vaccine passports’ shot down by WHOIn LifestyleFebruary 25, 2021No need to pull your suitcase and neck pillow from storage just yet. In light of hype and rumor surrounding the so-called “vaccine passport,” the ...[Read more]
- Students call remote learning ‘boring’ and ‘weird’ during de Blasio school visitIn USAFebruary 25, 2021The reviews are in: remote learning is “boring.” And it’s also “weird,” students told Mayor Bill de Blasio and Department of Education Chancellor ...[Read more]
- Arizona woman returns 1950s Purple Heart to man’s family after finding it at thrift storeIn LifestyleFebruary 25, 2021A family has been reunited with their father’s Purple Heart more than three decades after he died, thanks to a bit of sleuthing. ...[Read more]
- NYC hospitals were unprepared for last spring’s COVID-19 surge, report findsIn USAFebruary 25, 2021New York City’s hospitals were woefully unprepared for last year’s nightmare surge in COVID-19 patients due to a lack of planning from the city, the ...[Read more]
- NYC has extra COVID-19 vaccine supply this weekIn USAFebruary 25, 2021New York City has a surplus of COVID-19 vaccines this week after delayed shipments finally arrived — so it’s ramping up hours and doubling the number ...[Read more]
- “Waiting to have money before marrying is a flimsy excuse” – Laura Ikeji tells men (Video)In Celebrity NewsFebruary 25, 2021Serial entrepreneur, Laura Ikeji has advised Nigerian men to go ahead and marry when they find a woman they love even if they are broke. She made ...[Read more]
- House poised to vote on legal safeguards for LGBTQ peopleIn LifestyleFebruary 25, 2021WASHINGTON — The Democratic-led House is poised to pass a bill that would enshrine LGBTQ protections in the nation’s labor and civil rights laws, a ...[Read more]
- Mona Gucci Eats Her Vomit Back – Says She Won’t Release Nana Ama Mcbrown’s SecretsIn EntertainmentFebruary 25, 2021To all those who are waiting for Mona Gucci to drop deep secrets of Nana Ama Mcbrown on Friday on Kantanka TV, she says you all should sit your a*ses ...[Read more]
- My dad used to work at a fast-food restaurant in US before he became wealthy – Davido reveals (Video)In NewsFebruary 25, 2021Nigerian singer, Davido has revealed his billionaire father, Adedeji Adeleke, worked as a manager at Burger King, a fast-food restaurant in the US ...[Read more]
- NY AG Letitia James mulling request for probe of Gov. Cuomo over sex harass claimIn USAFebruary 25, 2021New York Attorney General Letitia James is mulling a request to launch an independent probe of sexual harassment claims leveled against Gov. Andrew ...[Read more]