By Peter Duru, Makurdi
The Executive Secretary of Benue State Emergency Management Agency, SEMA, Dr. Emmanuel Shior has debunked news report that the agency received and distributed 250 bags of spoilt beans from National Commission for Refugees, Migrants and Internally Displaced Persons, NCFRMI to IDPs in the state.
The Executive Secretary in a statement issued Tuesday in Makurdi stated that the clarification became necessary after he was quoted out of context during Monday’s handover of essential items to the agency by the National Commissioner of NCFRMI, Senator Baheer Mohammed.
According to Dr. Shior, “I was represented at the ceremony by the Accountant of the Agency, Mr. Stephen Burbwa who in the course of his speech noted that among the items received two months ago from the NCFRMI were 250 bags of beans which were immediately distributed to IDPs to ensure that they did not get spoilt before the official handover date.
“It was therefore disheartening to read in the media where he was quoted as saying that we received spoilt beans from the NCFRMI and distributed same to IDPs in the state.
Also in Newzandar News: COVID-19: NCDC announces 2 more Molecular laboratories
“We therefore want to put it on record that the writer of the report quoted my representative at the occasion out of context and we regret any embarrassment the said report may have cost Governor Samuel Ortom and indeed our esteemed partners.
“We also want to appeal to our media partners to always crosscheck their facts for the purpose of clarity before going to press to save our partners this kind of embarrassment.
“We therefore want to reassure our partners of the commitment of Governor Ortom to the wellbeing of all the IDPs and refugees in the state despite obvious economic challenges and wish to solicit sustained support of the federal government in the onerous task of catering for the needs of the IDPs and refugees in the state.”
The post We didn’t distribute spoilt beans to Benue IDPs and Refugees – SEMA appeared first on Newzandar News News.
- NEMA, Benue SEMA distributes palliatives to IDPs in 8 LGAs
- Global brands unite to bash Weetabix for replacing beans and bread with beans and Weetabix
- Boko Haram: Borno to return 1.8million IDPs, refugees to 19 communities
- “I would be lying if I said it didnt bother me” Kelly Rowland describes being in Destiny’s Child with BeyoncÃ© as “torture”
- COVID-19 : Benue set to distribute palliative to indigent residents
- 15 die in Bauchi canoe mishap – SEMA
- SEMA registers 790 mentally retarded persons in Kano
- Katsina SEMA records 1,727 flood victims in Baure
- Gov Buni reacts to attack on Geidam, directs SEMA to take stock of destruction
- “Politicians and yahoo boys have spoilt our girls” – Tuoyo laments over high standards of women