Lecturer at the University of Ghana Political Science Department Prof Ransford Gyampo has asked people shoving down homosexuality the throat of Ghanaians to put an end to it.
According to him, even without the argument of God or the fact that it goes against the culture of the people of Ghana, it will not stand the test of time.
According to him, the people of Ghana will reject the alien sexual orientation no matter what.
In a post he shared on social media, the Political Scientist said “In Ghana, apart from our religious and cultural upbringings that frown on LGBT, we are merely a Transitional Democracy. I therefore expect those trying, surreptitiously and openly to arrogantly impose such crude and unorthodox carnal tendencies on us, to tone down, because they simply can’t work with us. With or without God; with or without Government, the people would reject such an arrogant imposition”.
Read His Facebook Post Here
Stages of Democratic Progression and Human Rights.
An extensive search of the Political Science literature on Democracy show that there are four main stages of Democratic Progression. Each stage has an implication for human rights.
The First Stage is called Authoritarianism. This is simply explained in terms of a system of government, that favours or enforces strict obedience to authority at the expense of personal freedom and human rights. The exercise of Political Rights as well as Economic, Social and Cultural (ECOSOC) Rights, are either non-existent or not tolerated under Authoritarianism. Regimes in Ghana, that exhibited authoritarian tendencies include the Nkrumah regime and the other military interventions that punctuated our efforts at democratization.
The Second Stage of Democratic Progression is called Transitional/Electoral Democracy. Countries under this democratic phase extol the virtues of Political Rights. Here, the main focus is the conduct of periodic elections, regardless of whether they are free and fair. The rights to free speech, form or join a political a party of one’s choice are hesitantly guaranteed. However ECOSOC rights are either non existent or completely under-developed. These rights are therefore not asserted by the citizenry, and even when they are granted on a very infinitesimal scale, they are subserviently perceived by the citizenry as privileges, for which some ignorant people tend to be overly grateful to politicians.
The Third Stage is called Liberal Democracy. As Transitional Democracies grow for, say, over 200 years, ECOSOC rights become fully developed and are fully accessed as of rights by the citizenry. In addition, the exercise of Political Rights are fully developed to the point that elections are seamless and they are by default, free, fair, peaceful and transparent. All other political rights are fully developed and guaranteed.
The Fourth Stage is called Advanced Liberal Democracy. At this stage, all the features of the Third Stage are fully consolidated. In addition, citizens at this stage claim ownership and access to ALL and everything they can claim to be a right, sometimes beyond the imagination of normal human reasoning, (particularly among the citizenry of the First Three Stages of Democratic Stages). It is at this stage of Democratic Progression that human beings can openly sleep with animals and insist they have the right to do so. It is at this Stage that LGBTs thrive and impose responsibility on the State to guarantee them as rights.
In Ghana, apart from our religious and cultural upbringings that frown on LGBT, we are merely a Transitional Democracy. I therefore expect those trying, surreptitiously and openly to arrogantly impose such crude and unorthodox carnal tendencies on us, to tone down, because they simply can’t work with us. With or without God; with or without Government, the people would reject such an arrogant imposition.
P.A.V. Ansah Street
Suro Nipa House
Source: MyNewsGh.com/ 2021
- NYPD, DOT slam proposal to shift authority over crash investigationsIn USAFebruary 24, 2021City council members want to yank crash investigations from the NYPD and put them under the authority of the Department of Transportation — but both ...[Read more]
- Two more mass COVID-19 vaccination sites open in NYCIn USAFebruary 24, 2021Two more mass COVID-19 vaccination sites opened in New York City Wednesday — promising to deliver more doses than any other in the Big Apple. The ...[Read more]
- Sweet’N Low magnate Donald Tober left wife $30M fortune, will showsIn USAFebruary 24, 2021Sweet’N Low magnate Donald Tober, who committed suicide in Manhattan last month, left his wife a $30 million fortune, new court paper show. The ...[Read more]
- ‘Go somewhere else’: Florida officials crack down on spring break amid COVID pandemicIn LifestyleFebruary 24, 2021Florida officials are cracking down on spring-breakers hoping to flee to the state’s beaches amid the pandemic. New restrictions ...[Read more]
- Ayisha Modi – The Barking B*tch Capable Of Fighting With Her Own ShadowIn EntertainmentFebruary 24, 2021By the close of this year, barking b*tch, Ayisha Modi is likely to fight everyone in the entertainment industry. She is even likely to fight with ...[Read more]
- “If Bobrisky Is Beautiful, Let Her Come Out Without Makeup” – Nigerian Transgender, Michelle Page Challenges Bobrisky To A Beauty ContestIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentFebruary 24, 2021Nigerian transgender, Michelle Page has released a video daring Bobrisky to come out without makeup and filter. Michelle said in a video released to ...[Read more]
- Philadelphia airport offers robot food delivery to travelersIn LifestyleFebruary 24, 2021The future is now – at least at the Philadelphia International Airport (PHL). On Monday, the airport launched a robotic food delivery ...[Read more]
- VIDEOS: Kwadwo Safo Jnr’s 35th Car-themed Birthday Cake Is Just Like One Of Their Needless Sophisticated CarsIn EntertainmentFebruary 24, 2021The Chief Executive Officer of Kantanka Automobile, Kwadwo Safo Jnr is celebrating his 35th birthday today, February 24, 2021, and to our shock, his ...[Read more]
- Europa League: Mourinho hails Dele Alli’s performance in Tottenham’s victory against WolfsbergIn SportsFebruary 24, 2021Manchester United head coach, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has suggested that the club are still interested in signing Borussia Dortmund striker, Erling ...[Read more]
- UN says boat with Rohingya refugees adrift without food, waterIn LifestyleFebruary 24, 2021DHAKA, Bangladesh — A group of Rohingya refugees is adrift in a boat in the Andaman Sea without food or water, the United Nations said Wednesday, as ...[Read more]