Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Sadiya Farouq, has said the Government has spent more than $5bn since 2016 to battle neediness in the country.
The minister disclosed this during the presentation of letters of engagement and electronic tablets to 248 monitors of the National Social Investment Programme (NSIP) in Adamawa State over the weekend.
I Will Crush You People the Same Way I Crushed IPOB — Buhari Says as He Reacts to Niger Delta Avengers Threat
Farouq revealed that President Buhari has since 2016 backed his pledge to pull out 100 million Nigerians out of poverty.
This she said the President has done by committing $1bn through the NSIP to reduce poverty and inequality.
News – Centapost
- In The Last Five Years, FG Has Blown $5bn In Fighting Poverty – Humanitarian Minister, Sadiya Farouq
- COVID-19: ‘We’ve spent over N500m on school feeding programme – Sadiya Farouq
- We have Successfully fed 17.3 million Children in their homes – Mins. Sadiya Farouq
- School feeding programme gulped over N500m during lockdown – Minister of humanitarian affairs, Sadiya Farouq claims
- Stop wasting scarce resources â Nigerians criticize Humanitarian affairs Minister, Sadiya Farouq after she flew over Kainji dam to access impact of flooded banks
- You came at a time Nigeria needed you most, proud citizen hails ‘mother’ Sadiya Farouq in open letter
- COVID-19: Rights group challenges Buhari’s Minister, Sadiya Farouq to public debate on school feeding programme
- N-Power: Buhari govt yet to pay us – Beneficiaries reply Minister, Sadiya Farouq
- Following protest from APC members, Toni Kan declines appointment as spokesperson of Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Sadiya Umar Farouq
- Distribute relief materials to victims of crisis in Sokoto – Sadiya Farouq orders agencies