A seven-year-old boy who recently lost his grandmother and mother to Coronavirus asked his father “who’s next Daddy? Is it going to be you or is it going to be me?.”
Chris Cadby from Cardiff lost his wife and his mother-in-law, Joan, to the killer bug over the course of four days in April.
After sharing the sad news with his son Evan, 7, the youngster asked who was next.
Speaking to Sky News, Mr Cadby broke down as he spoke about the moment he told his son that his mother and grandmother had died from Coronavirus.
He said: ‘I had to tell him on Sunday that his nanny had died. I said “Evan”. He said “yeah”. ‘Mummy’s gone to be with nanny. He said “what?” I said: “She’s gone with Nanny, mate.”
‘He just came over and gave me a hug. He had a little cry and in the afternoon he said: “Who’s next, Daddy? Is it going to be you? Or is it going to be me?”
‘I said: “I hope it’s none of us. We don’t want any more, do we?”
Mr Cadby, who gave his wife CPR in an attempt to resuscitate her, later got infected with Coronavirus. His son also tested positive but has not had any symptoms.
His mother-in-law Joan, 84, who lived with the family, died at home on April 11. She had earlier been discharged from hospital after an operation and spending time on a Covid-19 ward.
According to Cadby, his wife, Julianne, who was a business manager for Cardiff and Vale University Health Board’s specialist child and mental health services, developed Coronavirus symptoms and was self-isolating in her bedroom.
He said he had told his wife about her mother’s death and was unable to go over and hug her because of her symptoms.
Four days later, Mr. Cadby said his wife asked him to call for an ambulance due to her Coronavirus symptoms.
He said: ‘I was talking to her and she turned round and she said to me, “I think I need to go in”. As soon as she said that I grabbed my phone and dialled 999. By the time I pressed enter and turned around to her, she was slumped back on the bed and she was gone. I knew she was gone.’
Watch the video below.
- ”Daddy! Daddy!!” Heartbreaking video of little girl calling on her late dad after seeing his obituary poster
- Family believes boy died in fire trying to save grandmother
- ‘If you decide to make Daddy Freeze a topic I will make you my assignment – Charly Boy slams Pastor Ibiyeomie over comment against Daddy Freeze
- Stream It Or Skip It: ‘Dad Wanted’ on Netflix, a Formulaic Family Dramedy About a Kid Who Needs a Dad and a Dad Who Needs a Kid
- Nigerian lady commits suicide after she was falsely accused of stealing a large sum of money by her mother and grandmother
- 11 year-old boy saves his sick grandmother, drives her to the hospital in a Benz (video)
- Nigerian boy scatters his parents’ apartment because his mother refused giving him what he asked for (video)
- “Dad you’re the best” – Boluwatife shows off new smartphone his dad, Wizkid, gifted him (Video)
- Rivers State Police Command rescues a two-week-old baby boy, who was allegedly sold by the grandmother at birth for N1.3million
- “I’m scared” Black man screams as numerous cops draw guns on him and his 90-year-old grandmother (video)