Fans speculated that Gigi’s 25th birthday party may have doubled as a gender reveal party because of the colors of balloon strings.
Her mom, Yolanda Hadid, shared a photo on Instagram of Gigi holding a “2” balloon that had blue strings and a “5” balloon that had pink strings.
“WHAT IF THE REASON SHE’S HOLDING THE BLUE STRING WITH ZAYN IS BECAUSE THEY’RE HAVING A BOY,” one person commented on Twitter. Others speculated the pair may be having twins.
Another fan also pointed out on Twitter that Gigi appeared to have gift bags that said “Hello Little One” on the front, which further fueled speculation that they were hosting a gender reveal party — rather than just a birthday celebration. Gigi’s sister, Bella Hadid, conveniently covered the front of the bags with a sunflower emoji.
TMZ — who first reported that the model is expecting — claims Gigi is 20 weeks pregnant. According to Healthline, a couple could find out the sex of their baby as early as 10 weeks with Chorionic villus sampling or 18 weeks with an ultrasound.
Gigi and Malik, 27, have not confirmed that they are having a child together, but a source told Entertainment Tonight that Gigi has “kept the secret close to her family and friends for a while as she’s only a few months along.”
A rep for Gigi did not immediately return our request for comment.
- Why fans think Gigi Hadid’s birthday may have doubled as a gender reveal party
- California’s El Dorado wildfire sparked by pyrotechnic device at gender reveal party
- Gender reveal party inventor begs for end to ‘toxic’ trend amid wildfires
- ‘We got it wrong’: Mom throws gender reveal party for 17-year-old nonbinary son
- California fire not first to be caused by gender-reveal party
- California fire sparked by gender reveal party rages across 10,000 acres
- Twitter roasts gender-reveal party trend with wildfire memes
- California firefighter dies battling blaze sparked by gender reveal party
- Elite firefighter identified as fatal victim of wildfire sparked by gender reveal party
- Gender-reveal party device explodes in New York, kills father-to-be