A young man identified as Chidinma Ikechukwu Omah, who was set ablaze by his 18-year-old girlfriend in Wadata suburb of Makurdi in Benue State, has died.
Omah, a patent medicine dealer, died about 10:00pm on Monday night, January 11, from the high degree burns suffered after his girlfriend, Esther Alex, allegedly poured petrol on him and set him ablaze.
It was gathered that the suspect carried out the dastardly act at 2:00am on Monday when the deceased was fast asleep in his one-room apartment.
“The loud scream from the victim attracted the attention of neighbours who rushed to help him but he had already suffered much burns. The neighbours immediately rushed him to the nearby Makurdi Federal Medical Centre, FMC, where he was admitted for treatment.” an eyewitness said.
Spokesperson of the State Police Command, DSP Catherine Anene, who confirmed the death of the victim in Makurdi on Tuesday, January 12 said that the suspect has been arrested.
“We don’t know yet why she did that. We are yet to question her but I can confirm that she has been arrested and just brought to our custody.” she added.
Meanwhile, the body of the victim was evacuated from the Federal Medical Centre in Makurdi for burial by his family.
- Anyaoku at 88: ‘He is Anambra’s gift to the world’- Gov ObianoIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021
- School reopening: Your children are safe – Private school owners tell parentsIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021
- Chelsea to pay more for Haaland’s release ahead of Real Madrid, Man CityIn SportsJanuary 18, 2021A former Manchester United defender, Gary Neville, has urged the club to sign a new centre-back and a right-winger to win the Premier League title. ...[Read more]
- Khafi shares short film, promises to take acting career serious (Video)In Celebrity NewsJanuary 18, 2021The popular reality star, Khafi Kareem has shared a short film (monologue) of herself as she takes a bolder step towards acting career. It would be ...[Read more]
- David Ntekim-Rex: Nigerians mourn tech guru killed by robbers in LagosIn Gossip, Viral NewsJanuary 18, 2021Nigerians have been mourning David Ntekim Rex, a Nigerian IT prodigy, who was been fatally shot by robbers in Lagos. It was learnt that the 22 ...[Read more]
- Court arraigns 40-year-old man for defrauding 186 personsIn Local NewsJanuary 18, 2021An Assistant Commissioner of Police, ACP Okubo Aboye, 57, and his mechanic, Niyi Ibrahim Afolabi, 39, on Monday, bagged life imprisonment for ...[Read more]
- Mohammed Kudus to stay out of Ajax matchday squads as precautionIn Ghana, SportsJanuary 18, 2021Ajax manager, Erik ten Hag, says Mohammed Kudus will stay out of Ajax matchday squads for a while because he felt a discomfort when he made a cameo ...[Read more]
- Abia NURTW Chairman debunks rumour of planned protest by unionIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021
- Shiites accuse El-Rufai of targeting Qur’anic schools, clerics in KadunaIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021
- Gov Uzodinma salutes Emeka Anyaoku at 88thIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021