A young Nigerian has allegedly committed suicide after being accused of rape by a Twitter influencer who refused to provide further details.
#JusticeForIzu is currently trending on Twitter after a user named Legend Izu Madubueze took his life when a Twitter influencer named Nanichi Anese published his name and other names as men accused of rape.
It was revealed that Izu reached out to Nani and asked to know who he raped but she didn’t have a good answer, instead she claimed the accuser wanted to remain anonymous. She later said the alleged victim said it was a “non physical sexual assault”.
Izu kept trying to clear his name but Nani was not cooperative.
Izu later left a note apologizing though he stated that he doesn’t know what he did or who he hurt that led to him being accused.
His last tweet was on Friday, July 17, and it reads: “Oh and if you’re reading this, I’m dead lol.”
He eventually committed suicide and Nani has deactivated her account after Izu’s suicide was made public.
Older chats from Izu’s phone allegedly shows that Nani had asked him out before but he declined.
At the moment, Nigerians are demanding Justice for Izu.
See tweets below.
Source: Linda Ikeji’s Blog
- Young boy commits suicide after being accused of rape by a Twitter influencer. See his suicide note
- Nigerian man commits suicide after being falsely accused of rape by a Twitter influencer (Photos)
- Nigerian Man Commits Suicide After Being Accused Of Rape By A Twitter Influencer
- VIDEO And Suicide Note Of A Nigerian Man Who Committed Suicide After Twitter Influencer Accused Him Of Sexual Assault Emerge
- Nigerian Man Commits Suicide After Twitter Influencer Accused Him Of Alleged Rape
- Even if you rape a woman, deny it – Twitter influencer, Dehkunle of Africa is heard saying in voice note leaked by another influencer
- Suicide After Being Accused Of Rape By Twitter Influencer.
- ‘A Dying Man’s Last Words’: Izuchukwu Reading His Suicide Note Before Shooting Himself Dead After Being Accused Of Rape In The US (Video)
- Outrage as man commits suicide after being accused of rape
- OAU staff commits suicide, leaves suicide note for his mother, wife and children