A member of the Zamfara State House of Assembly, Mohammed Ahmed has been shot and killed by bandits.
The lawmaker was killed along the Sheme- Funtua Road in Katsina State while travelling to his home town.
His death was confirmed by the Clerk of the Zamfara House House of Assembly, Saidu Anka.
The murdered lawmaker’s funeral rites are scheduled to hold at Sheikh Ahmed Umar Kanoma Mosque by 11 o’clock on Wednesday.
Until his death, the deceased was the chairman, House Committee on Finance and Appropriation.
- Zamfara police command neutralizes 8 suspected bandits in Zamfara
- I’m deeply shocked bandits killed Zamfara lawmaker – President Buhari
- 135 killed as troops pound bandits in Katsina, Zamfara
- 30 killed as troops bombard bandits in Zamfara forest
- Scores of bandits killed in air raid on Doumbourou Forest, Zamfara — DHQ June 25, 2023 11:09 pm by sumaila.ogbaje
- !2 killed, several others injured as bandits attack Zamfara
- 104 Bandits Killed By Nigerian Troops In Katsina, Zamfara
- Scores killed as Military jets bombard bandits’ camp in Zamfara
- Controversy over who killed five bandits in Zamfara continues
- Bandits attack Dutsin Gari, Rayau communities in Zamfara, scores killed