Atyap people in Zangon Kataf local government area of Kaduna state have resolved to change the narrative of bloodletting and war in the region.
Indigenes of the communities say they are determined to ensure peaceful coexistence for their own development and progress.
The area had since 2020 been embroiled in attacks resulting in the loss of lives and destruction of property as well as other valuables.
The new National President of Atyap Community Development Association, ACDA, Comrade Dr. Silas Adamu, shortly after his inauguration, said the area needs the orbit of God’s light to survive.
“We are going to tow this line by concentrating first and resolving to change this narrative of bloodletting and war to that of peaceful coexistence for the development and progress of our people.”
“Realising the challenges posed by the insecurity in Atyapland, one would say we need the total orbit of God’s light to be able to weave through the complex situation we find ourselves in.”
He commended the foresight of the paramount ruler, the Agwatyap, Sir Dominic Gambo Yahaya, in consultations with well-meaning sons and daughters of Atyapland, state government and other patriotic Nigerians have already shown them the way to go by taking the gauntlet of the search for peaceful coexistence amongst the belligerent groups in the land.
He admitted that efforts at peacebuilding have been difficult and would continue to pose very grave challenges because of internal contradictions placed by a human blockade.
“We as a people are finding it difficult to accept that the only solution to the carnage is to attune our minds to the search for peace, yet no one has come out with any meaningful alternative to the peace efforts initiated by the palace some months ago.”
Dr Adamu noted that the problem that is acting against a quick return to peace is that some primary parties in the conflict have not been faithful to some of the terms of the peace summit held to broker peace in the land as parties have not refrained from incitements and actual altercations.
He advised, “While we show extreme objections to these breaches leading to loss of lives through skirmishes occasioned by guerilla tactics, we hasten to call on all parties to sheathe their swords as a conflict is an ill wind that blows no one any good.”
- Nigerian lady shares testimony as her genotype miraculously changes to AA (Screenshots)In Viral NewsJanuary 16, 2021A Nigerian lady has taken to Twitter to speak on the glorious powers of God as the Almighty came through for her at a time she needed divine ...[Read more]
- NDLEA halts screening of 5,000 applicants as Buhari appoints new DGIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021Members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria, IMN, under the auspices of Resource Forum of IMN, have called on the President Muhammadu Buhari-led ...[Read more]
- U-20 AFCON: Karim Zito invites 24 players for campingIn Ghana, SportsJanuary 16, 2021Twenty-four players have been invited to the male U-20 team, otherwise known as Black Satellites, to begin preparations for the 2021 U-20 AFCON. The ...[Read more]
- GHS1,500 stolen from another traveller at Kotoka AirportIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 16, 2021A Ghanaian whose Facebook name is given as Kwahu Mayor Koopong has complained bitterly about what he describes as thievery at the Kotoka ...[Read more]
- I was detained in Ghana’s toughest prison – Bulldog opens up about incarcerationIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 16, 2021Artiste Manager Bulldog born Lawrence Nana Asiamah Hanso has disclosed that he was detained in one of the toughest cells in Ghana following his ...[Read more]
- Actress Salma Mumin adjudged ‘liar of the year’ and More awardeesIn Entertainment, Ghana, NewsJanuary 16, 2021Actress Salma Mumin was adjudged liar of the year at this year’s Something Wicked Awards organized by Accra-based Hitz FM. The actress we could ...[Read more]
- Resumption: NANS tells FG to approve COVID-19 support funds for Nigerian varsities, PolysIn COVID-19, Education, NewsJanuary 16, 2021As the federal government directs all schools in Nigeria to resume on January 18, the National Association of Nigerian Students(NANS), has called on ...[Read more]
- Shi’ite: IMN calls for Sheikh Zakzaky, wife’s unconditional release after four years of court’s judgementIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021Members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria, IMN, under the auspices of Resource Forum of IMN, have called on the President Muhammadu Buhari-led ...[Read more]
- Why IPOB won’t work, recognize Obiozor as Ohanaeze President-General – Nnamdi KanuIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021Security operatives on Saturday killed several bandits in Farin Ruwa and Kuduru areas of Birnin Gwari LGA of Kaduna State. This was contained in a ...[Read more]
- Best new novels of winter 2021: 9 must-reads for fiction loversIn LifestyleJanuary 16, 2021With the cold weather and worsening pandemic keeping us inside this winter, there’s no better escape than a good book. Here are nine I’m particularly ...[Read more]