Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has stated that the federal government is creating broadband infrastructure in order to reduce internet data costs to N390 per 1GB within the next three years.
In Nigeria’s telecom industry, a gigabyte of data costs between N1,000 and N1,200, yet the country still has lower data prices than other countries.
However, speaking at the 51st annual conference of the Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers (NIESV) in Abuja on Thursday, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo predicted that data prices will plummet by the time the government finished constructing broadband infrastructure across the country.
Apart from lowering data costs, the vice president, who was represented by Engr. Abubakar Aliyu, Minister of State for Works and Housing, also stated that the broadband infrastructure would enhance internet speed by 10 megabytes per second (10mps).
Meanwhile, Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo put in some hope in the structure of the country that Nigeria will not break up.
According to the vice president, people waiting on the sidelines, hoping that Nigeria will break up into bits so that they can pick up the pieces, will be very sorely disappointed because it would not come to pass.
Osinbajo spoke at the maiden edition of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Progressives Youth Conference in Abuja.
He said: “In the area of disruption and disruptive innovation, the principle that we are stronger together than in little part is a sound principle and it’s my respectful view that those who advocate the breaking up of the country are terribly wrong,” Osinbajo told a crowd of youths and party chieftains at the International Conference Centre, Abuja,”
“Our size is crucial for geopolitical and economic relevance. Our people will be better served by a large populous and diverse country.
“As with all big and diverse countries, our business is to make this union work; it’s to give everybody a sense of belonging.
“All of those waiting on the sidelines, hoping that this big country called Nigeria will break up into bits so that they can pick up the pieces, will be very sorely disappointed and I’m very sure that those of you who are seated here today will prevent that from happening.”
- 1GB data to cost N390 in the next three years – VP Osinbajo
- COVID-19: Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo’s committee suggests on suspending NYSC orientation camp for two years
- No Vice President Has Done More Than Yemi Osinbajo – Aisha Yesufu
- Vice President Yemi Osinbajo joins his wife, Dolapo, as she celebrates her birthday today (photos)
- ‘I Love You’ – Vice President Yemi Osinbajo Tells Wife As She Celebrates Her Birthday (Photos)
- Approach National Assembly for redress- Vice President Yemi Osinbajo tells clergymen against CAMA
- Vice President Yemi Osinbajo welcomes first grandchild
- Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo’s daughter, Oluwadamilola welcomes her first child
- Its a boy! Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and wife welcome their first grandchild
- We will reopen land borders soon – Vice President Yemi Osinbajo