The arrest of not less than 45 Fulani youths from the Northern part of the country by men of the Ondo State Security Network, Amotekun unleashed tension on the residents of Okitipupa, the headquarters of Okitipupa Local Government Area of Ondo State.
According to reports, the youths nabbed were conveyed to Akure, the state capital in a truck after the Amotekun intercepted them in front of the Okitipupa Army Barracks at around 10pm on Thursday.
It was gathered that many residents expressed uneasiness that the Northern youths were in the town to set commotion.
A source said,
“The Amotekun corps arrested the Fulani youths who were loaded in a trailer in front of the army barracks. As the Amotekun corps accosted them, some of them jumped down from the vehicle and ran away into the town but about 45 of them were arrested.
“When they were interrogated, they said they were sent from the North to come and undergo military training in the barracks. After that, the Amotekun corps took them away from the town.”
Confirming the arrest of the Fulani youths, the State Commander of the Corps, Chief Adetunji Adeleye said that investigation into the incident has started. Adeleye said;
“We have commenced investigation into the matter,”
Also, Mr. Igbekele Akinrinwa, the Chairman of the Okitipupa Local Government who spoke to the residents who gathered claimed that it was a resident of the town who assisted the travellers flee to the town.
According to Mr. Igbekele, the indigene had been nabbed by the state Amotekun. The Chairman of the Okitipupa LGA encouraged the people of the town to exercise patience as the visitors would had been moved to Akure for further security checks and thorough investigation.
- You Don’t Have To Reveal Anything To Be Beautiful — Actress, Olayode Juliana To WomenIn Nigeria NewsMay 16, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Nollywood actress, Juliana Olayode has dished out a word of advice to her fellow ladies in a recent post on social media that has ...[Read more]
- GPLwk25: Hearts beat Elmina Sharks to reclaim second placeIn Ghana, NewsMay 16, 2021Accra Hearts of Oak beat Elmina Sharks 2-0 on Sunday at the Accra Sports Stadium, in a matchday 25 encounter, to move back into second place on the ...[Read more]
- Others Were Accepted But I Was Rejected Thrice At Ritualists Shrine – Nurse Kidnapped In Rivers State Shares Her Chilling EncounterIn Nigeria NewsMay 16, 2021ADVERTISEMENT An 18-year-old auxiliary nurse, Rachael David, has narrated how close she came to death as she was abducted by suspected ritualists in ...[Read more]
- “My Lower Body Was Detached From The Upper Body” – Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor A1ccidentIn Nigeria NewsMay 16, 2021ADVERTISEMENT According to her, she was involved in a ghastly motor accident on her way back from church and left for dead by the driver and rider. ...[Read more]
- MTA exec accuses mayor of being out of touch with subway safety fearsIn USAMay 16, 2021Mayor Bill de Blasio’s hulking height and security team leave him out of touch with the reality of subway safety, Interim Transit President Sarah ...[Read more]
- ‘Follow Your Wife’- Davido Tells Tiwa Savage Son, Jamil To Take His Rightful Place As Imade’s Future Husband [VIDEO]In Nigeria NewsMay 16, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Interestingly, Nigerian singer and songwriter, David Adeleke popularly known as Davido knows exactly who will put the wedding ring on ...[Read more]
- Mom of teen shot dead in Bronx says she can’t afford to pay for funeralIn USAMay 16, 2021The heartbroken mom of a Bronx teenager shot dead Saturday night is desperately seeking answers in his death — as she worries about paying for his ...[Read more]
- Poll: Majority of NYC Dem voters support city subway and bus takeoverIn USAMay 16, 2021Most Democratic New York City voters want the next mayor to wrest control of the city’s subways and buses from Gov. Andrew Cuomo and the state ...[Read more]
- COVID-19 jabs to continue in four subway stations despite small turnoutIn USAMay 16, 2021New York will continue to administer COVID-19 jabs at four MTA train stations — even though the pilot program has doled out fewer than 50 percent of ...[Read more]
- Three violent attacks mark another morning of NYC subway mayhemIn USAMay 16, 2021One straphanger was robbed at gunpoint and two others socked in the face early Sunday morning in another round of public transit violence, according ...[Read more]