Traders in Aba and Umuahia are in jubilation as Abia state Governor, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu, set out on direct circulation of stimulus package to them even as they mark Nigeria’s Independence Anniversary, Newzandar reports.
Governor Ikpeazu had in a statement made available to Newzandar News, endorsed by the Secretary to the State Government, Barr Chris Ezem, announced that his administration is determined to support traders who were negatively impacted by the COVID-19 necessitated lockdown in the state.
Traders in Main Market, Ariaria and Ekeoha Shopping Centre, all in Aba, started receiving cash sums distributed by designated government officials who prioritized petty traders, widows and table traders in the distribution which started from 9am with many of them seen jubilating and praising the Governor for remembering them at such a time.
According to Mrs Oluchi Nwogu who sells garden eggs at Ekeoha Shopping Center, Aba, “Governor Ikpeazu has once more demonstrated his love and care for vulnerable traders, and for the first time since we started celebrating Independence Day in Nigeria this is the first time a Governor is doing this. My family and I will continue to pray for him and his family that God will protect and bless them for all they have been doing for helpless widows like me”.
Distribution of the stimulus package was done at Ariaria International Market and New Market in Aba as well as Orie Ugba, Ubani and Ohiya markets in Umuahia.
According to Barr Ezem, who also led the distribution to Ekeoha Shopping Center, Aba, Governor Ikpeazu commenced the direct distribution of stimulus package to traders “in appreciation of the cooperation of the market community with the Abia State Government in the fight against Covid-19“.
The State Deputy Governor, Rt Hon. Ude Oko Chukwu, led the distribution team to Ubani market, Umuahia, while the Chief of Staff to the Governor, Dr-acb Agbazuere, led the team to Ariaria International Market. Dr Cosmos Ndukwe and Barr Suleman Ukandu, Honorable Commissioners for Trade and Lands, respectively, led the Ahia Ohuru Aba and Orie Ugba Umuahia markets respectively while Barr Chijioke Madumere of the Ministry of Science & Tech led the team to Ohiya market Umuahia.
STAY WITH IGBERE TV. AFRICA’S NO1 COMMUNITY TV.
- Tacha Shears Recent Photos Of Her Pretty Body (+PHOTOS)
- Actress Destiny Etiko Shears New Photos Displaying Her Heavy And Hot Curves
- “That’s my friend yall” – Nengi Says As Vee Shears Jaw-Dropping Hot Photos
- Attacker slashes victim with gardening shears in Midtown, cops say
- Brooklyn merchants urge Gov. Cuomo to avoid broad COVID-19 shutdown
- Merchants say Washington Square Park chaos is driving customers away
- SCHOOL FEEDING: I Am Being Troll Of Merchants Of Fake News
- CBN’s COVID-19 STIMULUS PACKAGE: Analysts examine gains so far
- Stakeholders laud Obaseki’s agric-based COVID-19 stimulus package
- On COVID-19 stimulus package for SMEs