Renowned Islamic scholar, Sheikh Abubakar Gumi, has revealed the motive behind bandits constantly claiming money before they free their victims.
He was engaged in an interview with the Newzandar News , he revealed that the war of abductions and killings by the bandits go beyond the normal agendas we see as they are fighting an ethnic and not ideological war.
He also made the submission that the bulk of the money the bandits collect is used to buy weapons and settle informants who provide timely information to them.
READ ALSO: Meet Ngozi Orji, Actor Zach Orji’s Beautiful Wife Who Is Also A Nollywood Actress (Photos)
He said: “That was a small metamorphosis in the process, but now the bulk of the money they collect is used to buy weapons. Bandits are independent now, and nobody influences them. In fact, they buy informants now, and they are fighting an ethnic war which makes it easier because they are not fighting for ideology.”
“There is a high state of insecurity, but it has not reached the state where it will paralyse Nigeria. We still travel around despite more frequent and sporadic attacks.
“The issue has not got to the stage of paralysing Nigeria. The active people involved are few, and I do not think they are more than 10, 000 actively engaged in kidnapping among the herdsmen,”
“Government should do the right thing, and honestly speaking, Nigerians have to swallow these bitter pills which is getting these people on a table and set in place a machinery to rehabilitate them,” he added.
- Most Nigerian Male Celebrities Are Gay – Bobrisky’s Ivorian PA SaysIn Nigeria NewsMay 10, 2021ADVERTISEMENT It appears the rift between controversial Nigerian crossdresser Bobrisky and his former daughter from Ivory Coast isn’t ending anytime ...[Read more]
- Suffolk County pol wants to overhaul judge selection process in NYIn USAMay 10, 2021Democratic Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone is calling on the state’s top judge, Janet DiFiore, to support an overhaul of how New York’s judges ...[Read more]
- Long Island man used bathroom cam to spy on landlord, family, cops sayIn USAMay 10, 2021A Long Island man allegedly hid a camera inside his landlord’s bathroom and collected “private images” of her family, according to police. Cristian ...[Read more]
- People Have Think I’m A Native Doctor Because I Sleep In Coffin Sometimes – Charly BoyIn Nigeria NewsMay 10, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Controversial Nigerian activist, Charles Oputa better known as Charly Boy has taken to his Twitter page to ask for prayers from his ...[Read more]
- Queens man accused of killing, sexually abusing his 65-year-old motherIn USAMay 10, 2021A Queens man was charged Sunday with fatally beating and sexually abusing his 65-year-old mother, prosecutors said. Pushkar Sharma, 28, allegedly ...[Read more]
- Iniubong Was A Good Girl, She Promised To Start Work And Make Me Proud – Aggrieved Mother SpeaksIn Nigeria NewsMay 9, 2021ADVERTISEMENT The foster mother of 26 year old Iniubong Umoren, Mrs. Ime Ekpo has expressed her sadness to Sunday Vanguard. Recall that Ms Umoren was ...[Read more]
- Madness Going On In Some Parts Of The Country – BuhariIn Nigeria NewsMay 9, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Nigeria’s President Buhari has taken the opportunity to condole with all those who lost family members in what he termed the “madness” ...[Read more]
- ‘Never Marry A Mummy’s Boy’ – Counselor Adofoli To LadiesIn Nigeria NewsMay 9, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Ghanaian counselor, Counselor Frank Adofoli has advised ladies against marrying a mummy’s boy. The renowned counselor made this known ...[Read more]
- Blessing Okoro Speaks About Who A Wife Material Really IsIn Nigeria NewsMay 9, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Nigerian relationship coach, Blessing Okoro has spoken about who a wife material really is. The controversial personality made this ...[Read more]
- Regina Daniels Captured In Some Lovely Photos With Tonto Dikeh & Other Nollywood StarsIn Nigeria NewsMay 9, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Young Nollywood actress, Regina Daniels has been captured in some lovely photos she shared on her Instagram handle. She was captured in ...[Read more]