The Bauchi State Government has raised an alarm over the influx of insurgents suspected to be members of the dreaded Boko Haram sect, into four local government areas of the state that share a border with Geidam, Yobe State which was recently attacked and taken over by the insurgents.
The Secretary to the Bauchi State Government, Sabiu Baba, made this known at a press conference after an emergency security council meeting held at the Government House, Bauchi on Monday and presided over by governor Bala Mohammed.
Ad. Click here to learn cryptocurrency trading for free, take your slot now. Powered by Correct Bro Team on Telegram.
He said that the insurgents who have infiltrated Zaki, Dambam, Darazo, and Gamawa local government areas of the state have launched an attack on a communication mast belonging to the Mobile TeleCommunication Network and carted away some of the properties.
Baba said; “There was an emergency security council meeting of Bauchi State this afternoon and the meeting was to look into the attack by Boko Haram in Geidam (Yobe State) and the take over of that town and the implications for Bauchi State.
“Bauchi state is sharing border with Yobe State in four local government areas of Zaki, Dambam, Darazo, and Gamawa. The implications of what has happened in Geidam is that there is a lot of influx of people moving into Bauchi State from Yobe.
“Of course, that will put a lot of strain on our facilities and resources, and considering the kind of movement out of Boko Haram activities, the security implications there are also very high.
“The meeting today was to discuss the implications of that, identify the security threats and how to contain them from the Bauchi side.”
“Security is the collective duty of all and we do not expect the security agencies alone to tackle this problem, so all hands must be on deck including traditional and religious leaders and all groups.
“It will be expected that we will continue to profile whoever is coming into the state. I can tell you that some people coming into the state, come in with weapons and it is the profiling that will help us stem that kind of problem.”
- Auto crash claims 2 lives in OnitshaIn Local NewsMay 13, 2021A court in Cyprus has sentenced a Nigerian, Chrstopher Ezeh linked to the murder of another Nigerian student, Walshak Augustine Ngok to 27 years in ...[Read more]
- Nigerian sentenced to 27 years in prison for killing fellow student in CyprusIn Local NewsMay 13, 2021A court in Cyprus has sentenced a Nigerian, Chrstopher Ezeh linked to the murder of another Nigerian student, Walshak Augustine Ngok to 27 years in ...[Read more]
- Biafra: IPOB won’t attack Lagos – Ohanaeze Ndigbo president assures Sanwo-OluIn Biafra, NewsMay 13, 2021The Attorney General of the Federation AGF and Minister of Justice, Malam Abubakar, has hinted that the federal government will resuscitate special ...[Read more]
- Teachers union chief cites Stuyvesant HS in ripping standardized testingIn USAMay 13, 2021American Federation of Teachers president Randi Weingarten critiqued standardize testing Thursday — and specifically cited the racial makeup of ...[Read more]
- ‘When Is This Pandemic Ending, It’s Enough Now’ – Refilwe ModiselleIn South AfricaMay 13, 2021ADVERTISEMENT The renowned media personality made this known in a recent post she made on her verified social media handle on Twitter. READ ALSO: ...[Read more]
- ABSU student allegedly fakes own kidnapIn Local NewsMay 13, 2021The Abia State University internal security has arrested a 200 level Political Science student, George Nnamdi, who allegedly faked his own kidnap. ...[Read more]
- Thickleeyonce Drops Stunning Photos To Get Her Followers TalkingIn South AfricaMay 13, 2021ADVERTISEMENT The renowned lifestyle blogger and model shared these lovely photos on her personal social media handle on the popular social media ...[Read more]
- China uses coercive policies to drive down Uyghur birth rates: think tankIn LifestyleMay 13, 2021Beijing, May 13 – Coercive policies in China’s far western region of Xinjiang have led to a sharp decline ...[Read more]
- Councilman’s aide who said he was tormented settles for $850KIn USAMay 13, 2021A former aide to ex-City Councilman Vincent Gentile — who sued the city alleging coworkers left decapitated teddy bears on his desk and tormented him ...[Read more]
- Students who hacked KFC for $31,000 worth of chicken jailed in ChinaIn LifestyleMay 13, 2021The Chinese students who scored a five-finger-lickin’ discount at Kentucky Fried Chicken — for a total of $31,000 worth of food — are going to ...[Read more]