A member of the House of Representatives has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to join Nigeria’s security forces fighting Boko Haram insurgents in the north-east.
He explained that Buhari is a retired general with military experience just like the his counterpart, the late Chadian President, Idriss Deby who led his military forces.
The lawmaker who spoke during plenary, said President Buhari joining soldiers on the battle front would help fast track the elimination of Boko Haram from the country.
Watch the video below:
- Chads President Idris Deby Dies in Clashes
- Chadian Military Replaces Idriss Deby With Son
- Goodluck Jonathan Reacts to Idriss Deby’s Death
- Confusion over Rumored Death of Deby’s Son
- Borno Speaker counters Lai Mohammed and former CDS Gabriel Olonisakin claims on Boko Haram, says his LGA has been under Boko Haram’s control for three years
- Nigerian Major-general who complained of inadequate ammunition in fight against Boko Haram to face court-martial
- Edo: Send soldiers guarding Oshiomhole to Boko Haram, bandits – PDP to Buhari
- Soldiers uncover Boko Haram leader, Shekauâs farm inside Sambisa Forest (video)
- Nigerian soldiers jubilate after re-capturing a Boko Haram stronghold (Video)
- Two Soldiers killed In Boko Haram Attack