The Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Mele Kyari, has disclosed that President Muhammadu Buhari is the only president that has never interfered in the operations of the Corporation.
Kyari made this known at a media interactive session with the National Association of Energy Correspondents in Abuja, on Friday.
He stressed that NNPC has had no interference from the President.
“I can confirm that the privilege we have today in NNPC of having unfettered control without any distraction or interference to make decisions and be accountable and responsible for our decisions has never happened until this government.
“I can tell you this because I have been around for 29 years and have worked closely with top management of the NNPC for about 15 years.
“This is the only president who has never asked NNPC to do something.”
Kyari noted that despite his access to Buhari, the President has under no circumstances controlled what the corporation wants to do.
“The President only wants to know and be sure that what we are doing is in the best interest of the country,” Kyari said.
- Elderly Queens man gets 21 years for fatally stabbing daughter-in-lawIn USADecember 2, 2020A Queens man was sentenced Wednesday to 21 years in prison for the broad-daylight slaying of his daughter-in-law on a city street, officials said. ...[Read more]
- Cuomo says feds ‘not providing’ vaccine funds — despite NY having $7.5M availableIn USADecember 2, 2020WASHINGTON — Trump administration officials were baffled Wednesday when Gov. Andrew Cuomo said the federal government is “not providing” New York ...[Read more]
- Gov Nyesom Wike presents 2021 Budget, Ignores implementation of national minimum wageIn NewsDecember 2, 2020Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, on Wednesday, presented the 2021 appropriation bill of over four hundred and forty-eight billion naira on the ...[Read more]
- Schoos to resume soon, Federal Govt Promises Students and ParentsIn EducationDecember 2, 2020Public universities in Nigeria will resume soon after months of strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU). The federal government ...[Read more]
- PDP, only hope Nigeria needs to survive, unite – Saraki boastsIn Local NewsDecember 2, 2020Bukola Saraki, former Senate President has claimed that the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, is the only hope Nigeria needs to survive and fully bounce ...[Read more]
- President Muhammadu Buhari to address the House of Representatives on insecurity in NigeriaIn Boko HaramDecember 2, 2020President Muhammadu Buhari will address the House of Representatives on insecurity in Nigeria. The Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila made the confirmation ...[Read more]
- NYC’s COVID-19 infection rate nears 5 percentIn USADecember 2, 2020The Big Apple’s coronavirus infection rate continues to surge and has now risen to levels not seen since May, according to city data released ...[Read more]
- NYU professor sues colleagues amid COVID-19 mask controversyIn USADecember 2, 2020A New York University professor sued fellow faculty members for libel this week after they complained to administrators about his encouraging ...[Read more]
- Netizens Mock Juliet Ibrahim After Iceberg Slim Flaunted His New GirlfriendIn Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Social media users have reacted to Juliet Ibrahim’s former boyfriend, Iceberg Slim, flaunted his new girlfriend on social media. Three years ago, the ...[Read more]
- Man slashed in the face in UWS subway stationIn USADecember 2, 2020A man was slashed in the face by a stranger in a Manhattan subway station on Wednesday afternoon, cops said. The 31-year-old was on the platform of ...[Read more]