Renowed Nigerian author, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie has successfully buried her mother.
The woman is named Grace Ifeoma Adichie and aside from being the mother of the renowned author, she was also the first female Registrar of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
She was laid to rest in her hometown Abba, Njikoka Local Government Area of Anambra State on May 1.
Her funeral mass was held at the St. Paul’s Catholic Church, Abba, the Bishop of Awka Catholic Diocese, and also present was Chimamanda’s husband, Ivara Esege.
Check out some photos from the ceremony below;
This comes after she made a post mourning her mother a few days ago. She actually broke down and her emotions could be felt in the post she made revealing that her mother died on her late father’s birthday.
She shared the events that led to her death revealing that she was having a hard time because she has been heartbroken twice.
According to her, her mother was unwell, however, after visiting the hospital, she was a little bit better stating that the doctor even sent an update that she’s fine, however, she was then transferred to the teaching hospital suggesting that things had gone from bad to worst.
Part of the post she made reads;
“Two hours after she arrived at the teaching hospital, she died. It was March 1st. My father’s birthday. We were planning for my father’s iyipu-akwa, to mark the end of a formal mourning period, and now I cannot believe we are planning another funeral. Again.
We were planning for my father’s Iyipu-akwa, to mark the end of the formal mourning period, and now I cannot believe we are planning a funeral again.”
- “She’s a bloody liar” – Bobrisky narrates encounter with Ivorian PA who called him out (Video)In Celebrity NewsMay 8, 2021Controversial crossdresser, Bobrisky once again denies the allegation of beating his Ivorian PA as he narrates how she tried blackmailing him with a ...[Read more]
- Sir Koro Begs After Claiming That Baba Ijesha And Princess Dated (VIDEO)In Nigeria NewsMay 8, 2021ADVERTISEMENT In a video shared earlier by Abimbola, he claimed that Nollywood actress Iyabo Ojo and Princess intentionally framed Baba Ijesha. He ...[Read more]
- LaLiga: Real Madrid suffer major injury blow ahead Sevilla clashIn SportsMay 8, 2021Barcelona’s squad to face Atletico Madrid in today’s LaLiga tie has been released. Barcelona boss, Ronald Koeman, has named a 23 man squad to tackle ...[Read more]
- Ex-IPOB Deputy Accuses Nnamdi Kanu Of Being In Control Of Unknown GunmenIn Nigeria NewsMay 8, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Former Deputy of the Indigenous People Of Biafra, Mazi Uche Mefor has accused his ex-boss, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu of secretly ...[Read more]
- Palace Guard Shoots Policeman As Osun Residents Clash Over LandIn Nigeria NewsMay 8, 2021ADVERTISEMENT On Friday, May 7, Corporal Akinsanya Akingbade, a policeman was gunned down as residents of Ile Ogbo and Iwo, in Osun State, clashed ...[Read more]
- “Release Baba Ijesha now! It’s his right to be freed on bail” – Yomi Fabiyi calls for protest (Video)In Celebrity NewsMay 8, 2021Controversial Nollywood actor, Yomi Fabiyi calls for the immediate release of Baba Ijesha on bail as he warns against an imminent protest. This ...[Read more]
- You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession- El-Rufai Throws Shots At IgbosIn Nigeria NewsMay 8, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Kaduna State Governor, Nasir el-Rufai, has punched holes in the presidential ambition of the Igbos as he has stated that the Igbos ...[Read more]
- We Didn’t Bathe For 56 Days In Captivity – Freed Kaduna Students Narrate Their PlightIn Nigeria NewsMay 8, 2021ADVERTISEMENT There was massive jubilation over the return of the 27 kidnapped students of the Federal College of Forestry Mechanisation, Kaduna. ...[Read more]
- Kaduna Suffering From Evils El-Rufai Once Wished Rivers- WikeIn Nigeria NewsMay 8, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Rivers Governor Nyesom Wike has pulled the legs of his fellow Kaduna governor, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, after the latter wished ...[Read more]
- Alex Ekubo announces wedding plan, set to tie the knot with Fancy this yearIn Celebrity NewsMay 8, 2021Popular Nollywood actor, Alex Ekubo announces plans for his wedding with the love of his life, Fancy Acholonu that is set to happen this year. The ...[Read more]