Archbishop of Abuja Catholic Archdiocese, Most Rev. Ignatius Kaigama, has called the nation to live up to its standard as a religious country.
According to the Rev Minister, Nigeria is not living up to its reputation as a country that is very religious and eschews evil. He spoke at St. Anthony’s Catholic Church, Jabi, Abuja, where he asked the citizenry to exhibit good morals.
In his words: “Nigeria is reckoned as one of the most religious nations on earth. Our places of worship are often filled with worshippers. But our daily actions reflect a wide discrepancy from the tenets of the religions we profess.
“Despite our religiosity, we continue to witness an acute rise in the number of terrorists, bandits, kidnappers and militants, not to talk of corrupt officials. We price evil over good, laud violence over peace and personal economic interests over collective nation building.
“In the face of rising challenges of all kinds in our nation, we feel duty bound to ask if those who represent our collective interests in the Presidency, Senate, House of Representative, etc, do make the dividends of democracy come to us or they are only experiencing the fruits of democracy in their pockets, and with their families and friends instead of all Nigerians.”
“Nigeria is faced with consuming insecurity, excruciating poverty, spiralling unemployment and arbitrary destruction of human lives. It’s very painful and shameful that a country blessed with abundant resources, so endowed with intellectuals, professionals of eminent credentials, and hard working people should suffer the kind of crippling poverty and social deprivation that gave birth to multi-dimensional violence.”
- No Body Has A Manual To Keep A Man – Nkechi Blessing Subtly ShadesIn Nigeria NewsMay 10, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Actress Nkechi Blessing has subtly shaded her colleagues whose marriage has ended saying no one has a manual to keep a man and a ...[Read more]
- “There’s nothing worse than a broke famous person” – DJ Big NIn Celebrity NewsMay 10, 2021Nigerian hip-hop Dj Big N dishes out advice to entrepreneurs and his fans as he disclosed there’s nothing worse than a broke famous person. Big N ...[Read more]
- NYC shootings keep soaring, up 86 percent over 2020: NYPD dataIn USAMay 10, 2021The gun violence in Gotham more than doubled last week — capped by a wild shooting in Times Square that left a 4-year-old girl among three people ...[Read more]
- “Nobody has a manual to keep a man” – Nkechi Blessing renders advice to ladiesIn Celebrity NewsMay 10, 2021Nollywood actress, Nkechi Blessing Sunday has disclosed that there’s no manual in keeping a man that has refused to stay with his woman. She took to ...[Read more]
- I No Get Sugar Daddy, Pls Patronize Me – Tacha Cries Out (Video)In Nigeria NewsMay 10, 2021ADVERTISEMENT BBNaij a star Tacha ADVERTISEMENT has cried out to her fans and followers and all Nigerians begging them to patronize her as she ...[Read more]
- Leopard still on the loose a week after escaping from Chinese zooIn LifestyleMay 10, 2021This big cat is still on the lam. Weeks after three leopards escaped from an eastern China safari park, one is still at large — and the park is ...[Read more]
- NYC subway stations will now offer COVID-19 vaccinesIn USAMay 10, 2021Some Big Apple subways and LIRR and Metro-North stations are being turned into pop-up COVID-19 vaccination sites this week in an effort to boost ...[Read more]
- Buhari told to hoist Biafran flag in Aso RockIn Biafra, NewsMay 10, 2021Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike has promised to give the sum N20 million each to the families of police officers killed during the recent attacks ...[Read more]
- Tech bros’ next move: Private cities without US government controlIn LifestyleMay 10, 2021Tech bros are at it again. After dominating Silicon Valley in the past two decades, hiking up rent prices in the area and filling the streets ...[Read more]
- Lady is in shock as she revealed that her dad who’s supposed to be dead is her friend’s fatherIn Viral NewsMay 10, 2021A lady took to Twitter to disclose that she saw her supposed late father on her friend’s WhatsApp status and the situation has left her confused as ...[Read more]