The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Port Harcourt Zonal Office, apprehended six alleged online fraudsters on Tuesday, June 29, at No. 2 Elewowrks Close, off First Avenue beside Las Vegas Bus Stop, Rumuibekwe, Port Harcourt, Rivers state.
The EFCC acted upon reliable intelligence gathered on the suspects whose identities were given as Kingsley Peters; Christian Ndibe; Kingsley Dominic; Marvin Dominic, Ogbonda Deric, and Morgan Chinda.
Preliminary investigations have linked them to possible internet fraud.
Items recovered from them include a black Toyota Corolla car, seven different models of iPhones, two laptops, one black Asus, two ECOWAS international passports, one driver’s license, three laptop chargers, two SIM cards, a black PS4 with two gamepads, a white Casio wristwatch, a white/ash-colored TP-Link router, and one sma.
The suspects would be charged to court as soon as investigations are concluded.
In other news, the Federal government reported the arrest of the leader of the separatist group IPOB on Tuesday, June 29.
Joe Igbokwe, an advisor to the Governor of Lagos state, uploaded a photo of himself bowing and lifting his hands in appreciation for Nnamdi Kanu’s arrest shortly after his detention.
In a later post, Igbokwe explained why he was happy about the arrest of the self-proclaimed leader of the secessionist group. According Joe Igbokwe, Nnamdi Kanu put his family in danger as they feared for their lives.
Joe said that his family lives in fear after the IPOB leader told his boys to behead him anywhere they set eyes on him. Joe said;
They did not spare my Children as they extended the same fatwa to them. He also did not spare the names of every other person who speaks against him dream land, Biafra. While they were looking for me I sort the face of God hours on end because I know that to kneel is to win. It was a big battle. Friends were calling me , family members shouted from the roof top that I should lie low. My Children said I was putting them in constant danger. My wife complained and shouted but when she discovered that I cannot change she resorted to seek the face of God also.
- EFCC arrests eight suspected internet fraudsters including a lady in Port Harcourt (Photos)
- EFCC arrests 20 suspected internet fraudsters in Enugu, Port Harcourt
- EFCC arrests 10 suspected internet fraudsters in Port Harcourt
- Â EFCC arrests 4 Uniport Undergraduates in Port Harcourt over alleged $111,500 Internet Fraud
- EFCC arrests, parade 53 yahoo boys in Ibadan, Lagos, Port Harcourt
- EFCC arrests leader organ trafficking syndicate in Port Harcourt
- Nigerians Reacts To The Arrest Of Instagram Celebrity, Bitcoin Lord And Other Alleged Fraudsters By EFCC
- Police arrest NSCDC Officer who killed bus driver in Port Harcourt
- Woman dies by alleged suicide in Port Harcourt after taking to Social Media to post a cry for help that no one took seriously
- Man spotted hawking crocodile in Port Harcourt traffic (photos)