Bandits have attacked communities across Chikun, Giwa and Kajuru Local governments areas of Kaduna State killing eight people and leaving four others injured.
Confirming the news on Wednesday, March 31, Samuel Aruwan, the State Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs said a vehicle transporting passengers somersaulted in Kan Hawa Zankoro, near Ungwan Yako in Chikun after bandits opened fire on travellers. Six people died at the spot while 4 people were left injured.
Bello, Uwaliya Alhaji Shehu, Ramatu Sani, Muhammad Shehu, Aminu Ibrahim, and Ibrahim Abdu are the identities of those who perished in the crash. The injured are, Zainab Alhaji Usman, Surayya Bello, Khalifa Sani and Ushe Sani.
In other news, one Amos Yari was killed in gruesome attack at Iburu in Kajuru LGA. Another business man from Hayin Kanwa village, Fatika district, Giwa LGA called Alhaji Sule was killed by the armed bandits after he fought against attempts to abduct him.
Reacting to the sad incident which occurred in the communities, Governor Nasir El-Rufai expressed sadness over the demise of the lives lost. He also sent speedy recovery wishes to the injured ones.
Source: Newzandar News.com
- Bandits Kill 8 People, Injure Four Others As They Open Fire On Travellers In Kaduna
- Armed bandits attack Kaduna communities, kill four
- Two injured as armed bandits open fire on vehicle along Kaduna-Kachia Road
- Nine including three children killed as bandits open fire on travellers along Kaduna highway
- Man killed as armed robbers open fire on travellers along Okene-Lokoja highway
- Four persons killed by armed bandits in Kaduna communities
- Armed bandits attack Katsina communities, abduct 13 year old girl
- Bandits kill two, children injured in Kaduna communities
- Bandits attack Kaduna airport, abduct eight people
- Kaduna: Bandits kill four in Igabi, Kajuru communities