Akwa Ibom State government has reported the expansion of curfew by 13 hours from 12noon on Friday to 7am on Saturday, 24th October 2020.
The curfew was forced by Governor Udom Emmanuel, following the fierce exhibition that emitted after two people suspected to be EndSARS protesters were shot dead by a presumed soldier along Willington Bassey Way, Uyo Akwa Ibom State.
The commissioner of Information and Strategy, Ini Ememobong, in an announcement on Friday, said the expansion was because of the unfurling functions and circumstances being checked by the state and security agencies.
- Soldiers arrest Chief of Staff of Biafra group, membersIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021
- Egypt unveils 3000-year old coffins in latest archaeological discoveryIn LifestyleJanuary 18, 2021CAIRO – Egypt has unveiled a significant new archaeological discovery at the Saqqara necropolis south of Cairo, including 54 wooden coffins, many of ...[Read more]
- Anambra Governor’s wife, Ebele Obiano takes COVID-19 vaccine in America (Video)In Health, Viral NewsJanuary 18, 2021Wife of Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State, Ebelechukwu Obiano has received the Covid-19 vaccine in Houston, Texas, USA. Ebele Obiano said that ...[Read more]
- Tommy Hilfiger dumps $45 million Greenwich mansion for sunny FloridaIn LifestyleJanuary 18, 2021Just about everybody seems to be moving to Florida — including Tommy Hilfiger, who dumped his $45 million Greenwich mansion for warmer ...[Read more]
- Chinese restaurant goes viral for ‘extremely honest’ menuIn LifestyleJanuary 18, 2021This restaurant certainly can’t be accused of overselling its menu. A Chinese restaurant in Montreal is going viral for its ...[Read more]
- De Blasio, Sharpton and mayoral candidates attend MLK Day event in NYCIn USAJanuary 18, 2021Mayor Bill de Blasio and a half-dozen New Yorkers seeking to replace him at City Hall will commemorate Martin Luther King Jr. Day with speeches at ...[Read more]
- We are focused on security, economy, anti-corruption – BuhariIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021
- Premier League records 16 COVID-19 casesIn COVID-19, Premier League, SportsJanuary 18, 2021The Premier League has announced that 16 positive coronavirus cases were recorded in the latest week of testing. It marks a significant reduction ...[Read more]
- 2023: Nnamdi Kanu accused of working against Igbo presidencyIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021
- Militants attack shipyard in Akwa Ibom over failure to pay N20m settlementIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021