Femi Falana (SAN) has has criticized President Buhari’s speech following the #EndSARS protest and military shooting at Lekki toll gate.
As indicated by Falana, Buhari’s speech to Nigerians contained avoidable gaps, similar to where he blamed the worldwide network for bouncing into hurried ends over the shooting of unarmed protesters by soldiers at the Lekki toll gate.
Speaking to Punch he said,
“The presidential speech contained some avoidable lacunae. For instance, the President accused the international community of jumping into hasty conclusions with respect to the Lekki shootings.
“My worry is that the President would be embarrassed at the end of legal inquiry into the military invasion of the Lekki toll gate as the number of the unarmed protesters that were mowed down and the circumstances of the barbaric attack by the soldiers from a particular military barrack in Victoria Island would be exposed.
“It was good that the President consoled the families of the police personnel who unfortunately lost their lives in the course of duty. Similar presidential condolences ought to have been extended to the families of the unarmed protesters who were brutally murdered in Ogbomoso, Ibadan, Benin, Lagos etc. I want to believe that the President was not informed that unarmed protesters were slain in the premeditated attacks by police and military personnel.
“However, the President reiterated the point that the voice of the protesters had been heard loud and clear and that the Federal Government is committed to addressing the outstanding demands. Specifically, the President announced that the emoluments of police officers would be reviewed upwards. That is a concession of one of the key demands of the protesters.”
- Abia Monarch, Eze Bernard Enweremadu passes onIn NewsJanuary 23, 2021A foremost traditional Ruler in Nigeria and Eze Ukwu of Ngwa land, Eze Dr Bernard Enweremadu has passed on at the age of 77 years. Announcing the ...[Read more]
- This service helps elderly NYC residents get COVID-19 vaccine appointmentsIn USAJanuary 23, 2021These good Samaritans are giving seniors their best shot! Tech-savvy angels are helping elderly New York City residents book online appointments for ...[Read more]
- Bauchi govt commences fumigation to curb malariaIn NewsJanuary 23, 2021In a collaboration aimed at eradicating malaria in the state, the Bauchi State Environmental Protection Agency (BASEPA) and the Bauchi State Agency ...[Read more]
- Trump’s Tenure Was Just A Short Window Of Grace – Mike BamiloyeIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 23, 2021Photos Credit: Getty Pastor and founder of Nigeria’s renown drama ministry, Mount Zion films Mike Bamiloye has given his own opinion on the ...[Read more]
- Olubadan states position on tension in OyoIn NewsJanuary 23, 2021
- BREAKING: Again, truck kills scores in Ondo community, varsity students among casualtiesIn NewsJanuary 23, 2021
- Northern groups warn Southwest on Fulani treatmentIn NewsJanuary 23, 2021
- Two Years After Split, Adele Reaches £140m Divorce Settlement With Estranged Husband Simon KoneckiIn Celebrity News, Entertainment, Nigeria NewsJanuary 23, 2021Adele has reached a divorce settlement with her estranged husband Simon Konecki, almost two years after they separated. The singer announced she had ...[Read more]
- James Dolan forms political expenditure committee ahead of 2021 NYC mayor’s raceIn USAJanuary 23, 2021Madison Square Garden boss James Dolan has placed a $4 million bet on the upcoming NYC mayoral election — and he’s hoping to have better luck in ...[Read more]
- Zamfara Police Command pledges to tackle banditry, kidnappingIn NewsJanuary 23, 2021