Femi Falana (SAN) has has criticized President Buhari’s speech following the #EndSARS protest and military shooting at Lekki toll gate.
As indicated by Falana, Buhari’s speech to Nigerians contained avoidable gaps, similar to where he blamed the worldwide network for bouncing into hurried ends over the shooting of unarmed protesters by soldiers at the Lekki toll gate.
Speaking to Newzandar News he said,
“The presidential speech contained some avoidable lacunae. For instance, the President accused the international community of jumping into hasty conclusions with respect to the Lekki shootings.
“My worry is that the President would be embarrassed at the end of legal inquiry into the military invasion of the Lekki toll gate as the number of the unarmed protesters that were mowed down and the circumstances of the barbaric attack by the soldiers from a particular military barrack in Victoria Island would be exposed.
“It was good that the President consoled the families of the police personnel who unfortunately lost their lives in the course of duty. Similar presidential condolences ought to have been extended to the families of the unarmed protesters who were brutally murdered in Ogbomoso, Ibadan, Benin, Lagos etc. I want to believe that the President was not informed that unarmed protesters were slain in the premeditated attacks by police and military personnel.
“However, the President reiterated the point that the voice of the protesters had been heard loud and clear and that the Federal Government is committed to addressing the outstanding demands. Specifically, the President announced that the emoluments of police officers would be reviewed upwards. That is a concession of one of the key demands of the protesters.”
- Magu: Buharis Sends Reply To PDP Over Corruption
- Yoruba youths blast Femi Falana over attacks on President Buhari
- N5 Million Hate Speech Fine By NBC Is Illegal – Falana
- “Their irresponsibility cost lives” Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie criticizes US President and Brazil President for the way they’ve handle the COVID-19 pandemic
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie criticizes US President and Brazil President for the way they they’ve handled the COVID-19 pandemic
- Over 70 corpses Of #EndSARS protesters are unclaimed â Femi Falana says
- Sex Party: Kaduna Government violated a law Governor El-Rufai signed by demolishing Asher Kings and Queens Restaurant – Femi Falana
- See the reaction of Nigerian frontline human rights lawyer, Femi Falana over End SARS lawsuit against him
- Buhari and Governors should resign if they are unable to tackle insecurity â Femi Falana’s wife, Funmi
- Photos: Human rights lawyer, Femi Falana and son Falz protest against bad governance