The Federal Executive Council, FEC, on Wednesday approved the National Poverty Reduction With Growth Strategy to address the worsening rate of poverty in the country.
The decision was taken at the weekly meeting of the council presided over by the President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
The President’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, who briefed State House correspondents at the end of the meeting said Vice-President, Yemi Osinbajo, who headed the Presidential Economic Advisory Council, is to chair the steering committee to provide overall guidance for implementation.
Apart from approving the implementation of the strategy, Adesina said FEC also approved that it be incorporated into the Medium Term National Development Plan 2023-2025 and Agenda 2050.
The council also noted the Federal Government’s promise to lift 100 million Nigerians out of poverty and observed that June 12 would make it two years since the promise was made, Adesina said.
The presidential spokesman added that the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami (SAN), was directed to prepare a bill for submission to National Assembly to make the implementation of the strategy sustainable.
- Buhari outlines plans to lift 100m Nigerians out of poverty
- How Fed Govt will lift 100m Nigerians out of poverty, by Buhari
- Buhari reveals how his govt will lift 100m Nigerians out of poverty
- Again, FG Promises To Lift 100m Nigerians Out Of Poverty
- Akume, other ministers move to actualize FG’s lifting 100m Nigerians out of poverty in 10yrs
- Ministers move to actualize FG’s goal of lifting 100m Nigerians out of poverty
- I Will Be That President Who Lift Nigerians From Poverty – Yul Edochie Makes Promises To Nigerians If Elected In 2023
- Buhari reveals plan to lift 100 million Nigerians out of poverty
- Don’t worry, in 10-years I will lift 100million Nigerians out of poverty – Buhari Assured Citizens
- FG begins process to lift 100 million Nigerians out of poverty