The Southeast Governors’ Forum has begged secessionists in the region to give them some time to negotiate solutions to their concerns with the Federal Government.
According to the chairman of the forum, Dave Umahi, the failure of past governments to address the grievance of the Igbo people caused the birth of the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) and the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB).
He said: “Let’s see your demands, let’s see your grievances and give us six months to engage the Federal Government to address all these because I believe in dialogue.
“I’ve done stakeholders meeting in the 13 local government areas, I’ve done several days’ prayers. I’ve deployed the widows to fast and pray, I’ve deployed the elders’ council to go round and talk to our people, I’ve deployed founding fathers to go and talk. We’re getting result. Some of the bad boys are pulling out and surrounded it to us and they’re giving us information. “But my position is that these people are our children, it pleases me not. I’m trying to let them know that what they’re agitating for can be solved through dialogue.
“We’re calling on our youths to submit their demands to us, we’ll come to the centre and submit. If in the next six months we’ve not substantially addressed it, we can join you in the agitation. But right now, we don’t support you to insult the president, leaders of southeast and other leaders. That’s not agitation, that’s foolishness.
“So, we’ve to tell ourselves the truth, if we want to address marginalization and exclusion from the affairs of the nation, we’ve to apply wisdom. We shouldn’t go by the way of violence and allow people to hijack peaceful demands of our people. This is our position.”
Source: www.Newzandar News
- South-South and South-East should negotiate for 2023 presidency – Zulum
- Give Us 6 Months to Make Southeast Better, but If We Fail, We Join You in Agitation — Southeast Govs Tells IPOB
- IPOB Killings: Tension In South East As Govs, Ohaneze Lose Grip Of Igbo Youths Over Prolonged Silence
- Don’t betray your people to impress Aso Rock, IPOB warns South-East govs
- IPOB launches security outfit for south-east and south-south
- South-East Govs should send back Almajiris imported to East ― Ezeife
- South East Govs Should Send Back Almajirai Imported To East — Ezeife
- If Yar’Adua Negotiated With Militants, Govs are Free to Negotiate With Bandits For Peace To Reign – Yakasai Says
- South- South, South- West, South- East marginalized in NNPC – PANDEF
- Nnamdi Kanu: Biafrans won’t negotiate with Buhari over IPOB leader’s release – BNL