The family of late Michael Usifo Ataga has reacted to the death of their beloved member of the family as they have charged the police to carry out their full-scale investigation of the murder of the Chief Executive Officer of Super TV without any fear or intimidation.
The family of the late Ataga has issued a statement signed by Olusegun Jolaawo, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), as they asked Nigerians to give room to the police to carry out investigations into the matter and get to the dead-end of the crime.
Jolaawo said in a statement.“We hereby admonish the publishers of these stories to employ whatever shreds of decency and decorum they can find in themselves to desist from their false and misleading stories and let the investigating authorities carry out effective investigation in the hope of apprehending the perpetrators of this heinous crime and their accomplices. Yes we know that Chidinma Adaora Ojukwu has been arrested and yes we know that investigation is continuing. Our client is however convinced that there is much more to this than is already apparent from the police investigation,”
“It has become apparent even to the most undiscerning reader that from the variety and inherent malice in most of the said publications that they are planted to embarrass and malign Usifo Ataga, Brenda Ataga and the family, and to serve as a smokescreen to enable the perpetrators of the heinous crime cover their tracks.
“Our client appreciates the efforts of the law enforcement agencies in their investigations thus far, and will not descend into particulars with respect to any of the said false narratives so as not to inadvertently aid the perpetrators of the murder in covering their tracks,”
“Our client at this juncture requests that the well-meaning public allow the family to mourn their departed son, father and husband with some privacy and decency. Our client also feels very strongly about the unbridled activities of bloggers on the social media space with respect to this incident and firmly demand that the said bloggers cease and desist from peddling falsehood aimed at maligning the deceased, wife and children.The family will not be intimidated by these bloggers’ activities and insist that the police be allowed to do their work,”
Source: Newzandar News
- ‘Let Police Continue Investigation Into The Murder’ – Family of Murdered Super TV CEO Usifo Ataga
- Usifo Ataga Murder: Family Releases Statement
- Usifo Ataga’s murder: Tracking Unit in Panti exposed suspected killer, Chidinma – Police
- Fani Kayode Reacts Over The Murder Of Super TV CEO, Usifo Ataga By Chidinma Ojukwu
- ”You Are Close To Losing Your Life Anytime You Have An Affair”- Wale Jana Reacts To The Murder Of Usifo Ataga By His Side Chic
- Late Super TV CEO, Usifo Ataga’s Neck Was Broken, Hands Tied And Tortured – Family Opens Up
- Spending his money better than killing him – Bobrisky tells Chidinma, Usifo Ataga’s alleged killer
- Usifo Ataga: Chidinma Exhibits Trait of an Active Criminal – Police Reacts to New Claims
- Police Launch Manhunt For Killers Of Media Mogul, Billionaire, Usifo Ataga, In Lagos
- Update: Police Arrests 21-year-old UNILAG undergraduate for Stabbing Super TV CEO, ‘Usifo Ataga’ To Death (video)