Cross River State Governor Ben Ayade has relieved two of his commissioners and one Special Adviser of their appointments.
The sack was announced in a release signed by the Special Adviser, media and publicity to the Governor, Christian Ita on Monday, June 14.
His Excellency Prof Ben Ayade, Governor of Cross River State, has approved the removal of the following individuals from their positions:
1. Mr. Goddy Etta – Commissioner for Water Resources
2. Ntufam Gabe Odu Orji – Commissioner for Infrasturcture
3. Hon. Moses Onoh – Special Adviser, Budget.
The governor also congratulated them for their unwavering devotion to the state and wished them luck in their future pursuits in the release.
This comes weeks after some commissioners and Special Advisers in the state were also relieved of their duties by the governor after his defection from PDP to APC.
Meanwhile, Victor Bassey Effiong, the Special Assistant to Governor Ben Ayade on Safety Commission has given up on his appointment.
He made this known in a letter dated Wednesday, June 9. In his resignation letter, Mr Effiong said that “his ideology does not go in tandem with that of the All Progressive Congress (APC)”
“After a period of consideration I have decided to remain with the People’s Democratic Party which I was a pioneer Youth leader in my Ward Uyanga in Akampa LGA,” the letter read.
“Let me thank His Excellency Sir Prof Ben Ayade for the opportunity given to me to serve our dear state as Special Assistant. This opportunity in no doubt widens my horizons in the affairs of government. Also thanks to my political associates, friends and family for their support while on this special assignment.”
Source: Newzandar News
- Ben Ayade Sacks 4 Commissioners, Other Officials After Defecting To The APC
- Breaking: Governor Makinde Sacks Commissioners, Special Advisers In Oyo
- BREAKING: Bauchi Governor Sacks 21 Commissioners, Other Senior Officials
- Governor Umahi Calls For 3-day Prayer Session After Death Of Two Commissioners
- 3 commissioners resign from Governor Obaseki’s government
- Governor Hope Uzodinma Suspends 20 Commissioners
- Governor Akeredolu sacks all the aides of his deputy governor
- Woman Who Survived Being Burnt By Governor Ayade’s Aide For Alleged Witchcraft Shares Experience
- Gunmen Abduct Senior Adviser To Cross River Governor, Ayade
- Governor Ayade spotted dancing in Calabar