Governor Bello Matawalle has alleged N107 billion was stolen from Zamfara state treasury in a previous administration in the state, Newzandar News reports.
Matawalle who made the allegation in a tweet shared on Thursday October 1, said a committee set up to probe financial mismanagement in the state made the discovery.
However, he did not mention the particular administration that stole the money. But he said he will ensure that the stolen money is recovered.
The tweet read:
“Yesterday, I received the final report of Alhaji Ahmad Zabarma led committee on mismanagement of public finances & procurement processes. A whopping sum of N107 billion was stolen from state coffers by previous administration. We will recover these embezzled funds!”
- Zamfara sets up commission of inquiry on banditry, bailout funds, alleged looting of N107bn
- Oyo Assembly summons contractors over N14bn abandoned water projects by previous administration
- Borrowing: Don’t compare us with previous administration— Oyo Dep Gov
- ‘I Give You Two Months To Repent & Surrender’ – Zamfara State Governor, Governor Matawalle To Bandits
- Biden administration revives plan to put Harriet Tubman on $20 bill after Trump’s administration blocked the plan
- ‘Insecurity, Corruption, inetitude, Nepotism and Mal-administration is the Hallmark of the Buhari Administration’ – Dino Melaye
- We will Retrieve Resources Stolen During Ajimobi Administration – Gov. Makinde
- Oregon man driving stolen car crashes into woman driving another stolen car
- Jigawa State Governor, Badaru, blames previous govts for Nigeria’s current inflation
- My Previous Relationship Was a Disaster – Nengi Reveals