A lecturer belonging to the Ambrose Alli University (AAU), Ekpoma, Edo State called Professor Osadolor Odia has been kidnapped by suspected gunmen.
According to reports, Odia, a Professor of Engineering and former Head of the Department of Mechanical Engineering was kidnapped while he was heading to his farm in Egoro, Ekpoma, in Esan West Local Government Area. The incident happened on Thursday morning, April 29.
READ ALSO; “God Is Angry With Nigerian Leaders Including Buhari” – Fr. Mbaka Slams Political Leaders Over Insecurity
Meanwhile, a source whose didn’t disclose his identity made it known to Tribune that his abductors have reached out to the family requesting for ransom. The abductors have demanded for N18 million to secure his release.
The source said;
“I can confirm that Odia was kidnapped today on his way to the farm and a ransom of N18 million was demanded by the kidnappers,”
However, the spokesperson of the Edo State Police Command, Kontongs Bello said he had no idea about the development and vowed to reach the Divisional Police Office in charge of Ekpoma for details.
READ ALSO; Insecurity Issues Are Politically Motivated – Akpabio
In recent news, some secondary school students in Plateau State were kidnapped.
Per the report, these students were students of the Capro Secondary Mission School located at Gana Ropp in Barkin Ladi Local Government Area of Plateau State.
The incident happened on April 29 when some unknown gunmen stormed school premises and took away four students.
Three of the students were able to regain freedom and that they were able to escaped from their kidnappers.
Source; Newzandar News.com
- BREAKING: Gunmen kidnap Prof Osadolor Odia, demand N18m ransom in Edo
- ASUU Alleges harassment, intimidation by Ambrose Alli University Management
- Ambrose Alli varsity boosts Edo govt’s response with 5,000 reusable masks
- Ambrose Alli inducted into Hall of Edo Pride
- Edo: Gunmen Kidnap Ambrose Ali Varsity Professor
- ASUU Accuses Ambrose Ali University Of Harassing Members
- ‘N18m demolition cost laughable’
- Man set to divorce wife for having N18M and lying of being broke when he needed support to complete his family house
- Man to divorce his wife for having N18m yet feigning brokenness when he needed support to complete the family house
- Gunmen reportedly kidnap another UNIJOS lecturer