The President of Nigerian, Muhammadu Buhari has sent a message of condolence to the family and fans of deceased veteran musician, Sound Sultan.
Sound sultan born Olanrewaju Fasasi died at the age of 44 after months of battling throat cancer in the US and he was survived by a wife and three children.
According to Kemi Filani news, speaking through his spokesman, Femi Adesina, Buhari described Sound Sultan’s demise as a loss to the music industry and Nigeria.
Buhari said the rapper, singer, songwriter and actor, “lived an exemplary life and achieved several milestones in his career”.
The President said Sound Sultan contributed greatly to the development of music and entertainment through his artistic genius, creativity and talent, which has inspired many. He affirmed that Sound Suntan was kind, generous, and deeply passionate about issues in the country, which was reflected in his music and art.“
As an avid basketball fan, he made telling contributions to the development of local basketball in the country,” the statement added.
Buhari further prayed for the repose of the soul of the departed and comfort for his family, friends and associates.
- Sound Sultan was deeply passionate about Nigeria – Buhari
- Sound Sultan was kind, lived an exemplary life – Buhari
- “He lived an exemplary life” – President Buhari extends condolence to the family of late Sound Sultan
- “How do you die of throat cancer when you never drank or smoked” – Media personality, N6 mourns Sound Sultan
- LAST MESSAGE: How Late Nigerian Singer, Sound Sultan Predicted Own Death
- “You Never Drank Or SmoKe”— OAP N6 Says As He Reflects On His Moments With Late Sound Sultan
- President Buhari Speaks On Sound Sultan’s Death
- If You’re Not Kind When You’re Poor, You Won’t Be Kind When You’re Rich – Reno Omokri
- Donald Trump Left Me A Very Generous Letter – US President Joe Biden
- Beverly Osu, Denola Grey, VJ Adams, Sound Sultan and others join Odion Ighalo In #DettolCoolDabChallenge