Unknown gunmen have reportedly murdered an owner of a hotel and his wife in Ado-Odo/Ota Local Government Area of Ogun State.
According to reports, the suspected assassins shot dead 63 year old Kehinde Ibidunni and his 54 year old wife, Elizabeth after they stormed their Atan-Ota community residence in the early hours of Tuesday, April 27.
It was gathered that at about 3am, the gunmen attacked the couple’s house situated at No 15 Tella Ojo Crescent and attempted to forcefully enter the house via the burglary proof.
A young girl who lives nearby saw them in action and raised alarm by informing the hotelier about the intruders.
Sadly, the man was shot in the heart and died on the spot when he rushed out of his bedroom to confront the gunmen. Not only did they take his life, they had access to the house and shot his wife as well.
Meanwhile, Olayinka, the son of the couple believes that his parents were assassinated and not robbed.
He told newsmen;
“They stayed alone in the house. They have a little girl staying with them in the house for support. At about 3 am on April 27, the girl heard some people trying to gain access in to the house through the burglary proof. She immediately stood up, went to my dad’s room, and called him that some people were trying to gain entrance,”
“When my dad showed up to ask about the people, they shot him in the heart straight up. So, he died instantly. After they killed him, they gained access into the house. They went into the room, they met my mum, they beat her, they stabbed her and finally they shot her. They killed the two of them and after that, they scattered the whole house, they took the little money they could lay their hands on and they left.
“From what we know and what the police are saying, it is a case of assassination. We can’t tell what type of robbery that led to killing husband and wife. I think it is an assassination case.”
Olayinka disclosed that the police have arrested some suspects in connection with the murder.
“The police were around all through, they were even the one who took the corpse to the morgue. They told us that they have not laid their hands on any concrete evidence, but they are still trying to interview some people. We were even at the station as at yesterday (Tuesday),” Olayinka added.
Olayinka concluded that arrangement for the burial of his parents has been slated for Friday.
Source: Newzandar News.com
- Hotelier & Wife Reportedly Shot Dead In Ogun State
- Ogun state hotelier, Jimoh Bello, who went missing on Monday, found dead inside his car trunk (graphic photos)
- Ogun state hotelier, Jimoh Bello, who went missing on Monday, found dead inside his car trunk
- Ogun hotelier found dead in car trunk
- Missing Ogun hotelier found dead in car trunk
- Ogun missing hotelier found dead in car trunk
- Ogun: Suspected killer of Owode hotelier, Jimoh Bello arrested; makes confession
- Kidnappers release Oyo hotelier, wife, 7 others after collecting millions as ransom
- Gunmen reportedly assassinate man and his pregnant second wife along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway
- Interior designer and hotelier, Ehi Ogbebor shares video of herself in bed with her man MC Oluomo as he celebrates his birthday (video)