Governor Aminu Masari of Katsina State, on Monday, revealed that synergy between Nigerian Army, Air Force and other security agencies is the only way to end banditry, kidnapping, cattle rustling and other criminalities in the country.
Masari disclosed this in an interview with Newzandar News during his site inspection of the proposed Nigerian Air Force landing site in Funtua.
“There must be synergy between the Army, Air Force and other security agencies towards tackling the menace,” Masari said.
“The governors in North-West and North-Central zones can’t do anything because they don’t have the expertise or knowledge of fighting, it is the soldiers that are trained to fight.
“I, therefore, urge the Army, the Air Force to go back to their drawing board and strategize and fashion out how to synergize.
“Our role is to provide logistics and necessary support to enable them to succeed to arrest the situation.”
- Police move to end banditry, cattle rustling, kidnapping in Zamfara
- Father and son arrested for cattle rustling in Benue claim cows destroyed their farm produce
- Immigration officer and 5 others arrested for cattle rustling in Katsina
- How Gov Masari, Matawalle laid foundation for kidnapping, banditry – Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor
- Councillor declared wanted over cattle rustling
- Adamawa declares councilor wanted for cattle rustling
- Adamawa councillor declared wanted for alleged cattle rustling
- Councillor wanted over cattle rustling reports self to police
- Councillor accused of cattle rustling in Adamawa reports self to police
- Update: Adamawa Councillor who was declared wanted for cattle rustling reports to police